Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Should the New Papyrus Model action also create complete diagrams for existing UML model elements?
Should the New Papyrus Model action also create complete diagrams for existing UML model elements? [message #1019197] Fri, 15 March 2013 08:17 Go to next message
Andreas Brieg is currently offline Andreas BriegFriend
I worked on bug 317156. When my proposed patch is applied the initial papyrus models are created. But there do not exist fully initialized and layouted diagrams for the existing uml model elements (activity in my case).

So my question is if my expectation about the initialized diagrams is wrong or if there is something faulty in the papyrus model initialization during that action? If my expectation is right, can anybody please point me to the place where the creation of the diagrams with the existing uml model elements is supposed to happen, so I can do further investigations?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Should the New Papyrus Model action also create complete diagrams for existing UML model element [message #1021097 is a reply to message #1019197] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:13 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Andreas,

Papyrus doesn't support (graphical) diagram generation. Diagrams (views) and models are never synchronized. The wizard only initializes an empty Papyrus model from a UML Model, so that you can start creating your diagrams. Nothing more to expect.

However, theres a (graphical) diagram generation tool in our extra-components, which is more a prototype than a production tool, which could eventually be used to create, populate and layout the diagrams. But we need to have the corresponding templates for all kinds of diagrams beforehand, and currently we can't work on this topic.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Show/Hide contents question
Next Topic:Opening old UML diagrams?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:32:36 GMT 2024