Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » how to install a java plugin(installing a java plugin on top of the existing C++ development environment)
how to install a java plugin [message #1019019] Thu, 14 March 2013 22:35 Go to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
I currently have the C++ version of Eclipse installed on my machine and would like to begin fooling around with Java. How do I get the Java plugin to add to the current Eclipse installation and how do I install it into the current version. Also, how do I switch between the Java and C++ version once both are installed for use? There is a Windows->Install menu that I can go to, but this seems to be asking for a download site to go to which is no help since I can't find a download site for the java plugin, but can find a download for a complete Java IDE.
Re: how to install a java plugin [message #1019342 is a reply to message #1019019] Fri, 15 March 2013 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Help->Install New Software is what you want. Your Eclipse installation should already contain the default update site. In the Install dialog, select the entry for the version of Eclipse you are running (Indigo, Juno, etc). You will get a list of features available to install. If the Group by Category box is checked (default). You will find the Java tools under Programming Languages. Look for Eclipse Java Development Tools. Install this feature.
Re: how to install a java plugin [message #1019703 is a reply to message #1019342] Sat, 16 March 2013 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
When I go into the install box there is no default site shown in the listing, nothing at all! What now.
Re: how to install a java plugin [message #1019897 is a reply to message #1019703] Sun, 17 March 2013 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
sydney faria wrote on Sat, 16 March 2013 13:04
When I go into the install box there is no default site shown in the listing, nothing at all! What now.

To double check: did you look at the drop down labeled "Work with:" ?

If that's empty paste this URL: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
(or replace "juno" by the release name matching your installation).

OTOH, not having any options in the drop down would be a bug in the package you installed. What exact package did you install?
Re: how to install a java plugin [message #1020459 is a reply to message #1019019] Mon, 18 March 2013 08:25 Go to previous message
John Mark is currently offline John MarkFriend
hey there is one button i.e. help,
this button will give you the proper and correct information about how to install
Previous Topic:How to prevent Space from selecting proposal
Next Topic:Threads in custom Plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:42:34 GMT 2024