Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Fail on purpose
Fail on purpose [message #1018633] Thu, 14 March 2013 08:36 Go to next message
Istvan Szenkovszky is currently offline Istvan SzenkovszkyFriend
Hi!

I'm trying to test a GEF diagram editor with jubula 1.2.2 installed into eclipse 4.2.2.
I can locate Node figures in the diagram editor using jubula's GEF Inspector and when i use the checkExistenceOfFigure it successfully runs with the given TEXTPATH.
Now if i do the same thing for a connection then the GEF Inspector still finds it (for example: somepath.BendPointConnectionEditPart_1), but if i try to check its existence with the checkExistenceOfFigure then it fails. I also noticed even if i have more connections in the diagram then the GEF Inspector returns for all of them somepath.BendPointConnectionEditPart_1 , so the iterator won't change across the connections.
I thought a workaround for this could be of using the clickConnections Test which accepts the source's and target's TEXTPATH and finds a connection in between them. And it worked. But problems arose when i tried to test that a connection doesn't exist. If it really doesn't exist then the clickConnection fails and if the connection is there then it succeeds. But i want exact opposit behaviour.

So my questions are:
1) Do you know why i fail to find the connections in the first place? (Is the GEF diagram structured incorrectly?)
2) Is there a way to make a TestCase successfull if one of its TestSteps fail and make it fail if all of its TestSteps succeed?

Thanks in advance,
Istvan
Re: Fail on purpose [message #1020498 is a reply to message #1018633] Mon, 18 March 2013 10:15 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I think that check existence of figure only works for figures, not for connections. You could enter an enhancement for it, contribute an action you write, or sponsor the team to do it if you want it done quickly.

Making Test Suites pass or fail dependent on other criteria than the actual status of passed or failed steps isn't possible I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:object mapping, test execution and order of teststeps and components
Next Topic:Extending actions with "parameter" type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:14:25 GMT 2024