Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable
Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable [message #1018277] Wed, 13 March 2013 14:47 Go to next message
Zemiii Zoltán Zemko is currently offline Zemiii Zoltán ZemkoFriend
Hi

is there any way how to disable drag and drop action in project explorer? I dont want move models or diagrams from one project to other project. THX for any idea.
Re: Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable [message #1018674 is a reply to message #1018277] Thu, 14 March 2013 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Beyer is currently offline Thomas BeyerFriend
Hi Zemiii,

in your gmfgen-model, you will find an entry "Gen Navigator".
Delete this entry and regenerate (in a clean workspace) your code.

This should eleminate the code and according plugin-entries.

If you don't want to regenerate, simply delete (or comment) the following entries in your generated plugin.xml of your diagram-plugin:
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.navigatorContent
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.linkHelper

If you do not delete the entries and comment them, you might want change the generated-flag to false, since it won't get overridden in case of a code-regen.
Something like this:
<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer" id="navigator-viewbinding">
<?gmfgen generated="false">
</extension>

Regards
Thomas
Re: Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable [message #1019193 is a reply to message #1018674] Fri, 15 March 2013 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zemiii Zoltán Zemko is currently offline Zemiii Zoltán ZemkoFriend
Hi Thomas,

I tried all of your tips, but no one works. I must missed something. I tried removed
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.navigatorContent
- org.eclipse.ui.navigator.linkHelper
from extensions nothing.

I comment and then delete the extension points from plugin.xml and nothing.

This should really disable drag and drop function in project explorer window of running application? But thx for previous advice.

Zemiii
Re: Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable [message #1019254 is a reply to message #1019193] Fri, 15 March 2013 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Beyer is currently offline Thomas BeyerFriend
Hi Zemiii,

weired, because if you disable the navigator-content, the projectexplorer shouldn't display any children of your diagram and model files at all. So, I don't really know how you could drag/drop.

Please make sure to test your plugins in a clean runtime-application. Maybe there are still some "old" deployed plugins, that get activated.

Another thing that came to my mind:
if you just want to disable the drag and drop (generated for shortcuts by gmf as default), you could also remove the following entries in your gmfgen for the Gen Diagram XXXEditPart:
- Diagram
-> Contains Shortcuts To
-> Contains Shortcuts Provided For
and regenerate the code.
This should preserve the display of the content, but disable default drag and drop as shortcuts.
So you could leave the generated navigator stuff in place in this case.

Regards
Thomas

Re: Project Explorer Drag and Drop disable [message #1047633 is a reply to message #1019254] Tue, 23 April 2013 13:10 Go to previous message
Jaroslav Stružka is currently offline Jaroslav StružkaFriend
Or try implement own Project Explorer
Previous Topic:Renaming an Element in diagram
Next Topic:How to use GMF code to draw diagram without cliking on the palatte?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:20:15 GMT 2024