Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to generate multiple reports?(Each page should be generated as separate report.)
How to generate multiple reports? [message #1018142] Wed, 13 March 2013 08:47 Go to next message
kabil Mising name is currently offline kabil Mising nameFriend
Hi All,

While executing BIRT report output as 'PDF'/'EXCEL' is there any possibilities to generate each page of an output as a separate 'PDF'/'EXCEL' document?
I have to generate a report based on country. For each country i need separate PDF/EXCEL document.
Please guide me on this. Thanks in advance.

--Kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1018344 is a reply to message #1018142] Wed, 13 March 2013 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Kabil

How are you running the reports. You could always call the re api either in the report using script or in a Java app to burst reports. Take a look at this post:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1029-burst-pdf-report-using-script/

Jason
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1018619 is a reply to message #1018344] Thu, 14 March 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jason,

This will help me lot, but While running the 'burstpdf.rptdesign' report i am getting the error code:17070..
Also while deploying these reports in iHub how i have replace the path if i deploy in same folder?

--kabil
  • Attachment: error msg.png
    (Size: 29.22KB, Downloaded 531 times)
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1018845 is a reply to message #1018619] Thu, 14 March 2013 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Kabil

I did not realize you were using iHub. That example was for Open Source BIRT. Can you take a look at this example?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1335-report-bursting-with-birt/
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1022215 is a reply to message #1018845] Thu, 21 March 2013 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I am using Subreport concept, In which two dataset's are there. First dataset will pass the parameter "Country Value" to second data set, According to that it will generate data. I used page break for each Country, so for each Country there will be a separate page. Instead of page break Is there any option to create each Excel/PDF document for each Country? If so how to achieve that?

My another question is when i am passing the Country name and there is no data for that Country then document for that Country should not be generated.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1022218 is a reply to message #1018845] Thu, 21 March 2013 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I am using Subreport concept, In which two dataset's are there. First dataset will pass the parameter "Country Value" to second data set, According to that it will generate data. I used page break for each Country, so for each Country there will be a separate page. Instead of page break Is there any option to create each Excel/PDF document for each Country? If so how to achieve that?

My another question is when i am passing the Country name and there is no data for that Country then document for that Country should not be generated.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1022407 is a reply to message #1022218] Thu, 21 March 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I will check to see if anyone has an example of this.
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1022424 is a reply to message #1022407] Thu, 21 March 2013 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica J. Block is currently offline Mica J. BlockFriend
Kabil,
There is no out of the box way to generate multiple documents from a single report execution. For Excel you can do multiple tabs by using the page settings and select 'Output to multiple sheets'. The example Jason referred to is your best option. You will need two reports. One where each row is country and the other takes the country as a parameter.

Hope this helps.
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1022558 is a reply to message #1022424] Fri, 22 March 2013 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason/Mica,

If there no possibilities for that its fine, I will use two reports. But i want to avoid generating empty document's when bursting reports.
Please help me to know how to achieve that.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1023473 is a reply to message #1022558] Sun, 24 March 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

Is there any way to avoid generation of an empty document, when there is no value for my parameter? Please help me to fix this.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1027100 is a reply to message #1023473] Tue, 26 March 2013 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,
Is there any update on this? if so please let me know.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1027382 is a reply to message #1027100] Tue, 26 March 2013 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I will check with Mica.
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1027394 is a reply to message #1027382] Tue, 26 March 2013 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica J. Block is currently offline Mica J. BlockFriend
Kabil,
The way I would do this is in the driver report the query would not be a simple get customer list. But a list of customers and a count of records that you need in the actual report. If the count is not 0 you generate a report.

Make sense?
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1027546 is a reply to message #1027394] Wed, 27 March 2013 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,
In the actual report i can do the count of rows generated. If the count is 0 then how i can stop report generation through script.
Please attach or reply with some sample to stop report generation when this condition s not satisfied.
Thanks in advance.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1028316 is a reply to message #1027546] Thu, 28 March 2013 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

In detail row of a table i can count number of rows for a table " 0ncreate => row++ " but i cant access the value of row in the report
"beforerender" script, where i am exporting the output to local disk. Help me out of this.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1029041 is a reply to message #1028316] Fri, 29 March 2013 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

Will you please send me a sample on this?

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1029750 is a reply to message #1029041] Sat, 30 March 2013 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Kabil

I am not 100% on what you are trying to do but unless you use reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("VarNam", value); The value will not be passed from run to render when using frameset or iv servlet mappings.
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1031071 is a reply to message #1029750] Mon, 01 April 2013 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,
While declaring a variable as Global i am getting an error "ReportDesign (id = 1):
+ There are errors evaluating script "reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("i", 0);":
Can't find method org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.ReportContextImpl.setPersistentGlobalVariable(string,number). (/report/method[@name="initialize"]#1) (Element ID:
1) "
Please find my attached report.

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1031564 is a reply to message #1031071] Mon, 01 April 2013 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Good is currently offline David GoodFriend
Hi Kabil,

You will need to use the following:

reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("i",new java.lang.Integer(0));

Dave
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1031798 is a reply to message #1031564] Tue, 02 April 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dave,

I have used as you said.
* In initialize method i declared " reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("i",new java.lang.Integer(0)); "
* I have incremented the value of " i " in On create method of 'Table detail Row'
* In Before Render method of a report i am calling the value of " i ". But the value is not incremented. Y it so..

But when i am accessing the value of " i " within table means i am getting its value.

My target is if the number of counts of a table row is '0' then i don't want to save the report document to my local disk.
Any HELP PLS....

--kabil
Re: How to generate multiple reports? [message #1032498 is a reply to message #1031798] Wed, 03 April 2013 04:19 Go to previous message
Please any one help me on this.

--kabil
Previous Topic:The problem about OSGI
Next Topic:Fixed structure of rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:26:08 GMT 2024