Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WindowBuilder Palette Issue
WindowBuilder Palette Issue [message #1017807] Tue, 12 March 2013 15:11 Go to next message
Al Dorrington is currently offline Al DorringtonFriend
I'm using Eclipse 3.8 on Debian 7, WindowBuilder 1.5.1, generating SWT applications.

I have a problem where the widget palette won't display. I can see the tab on the 'design' tab, and can move it to the same tab folder group as the 'Package Explorer' - but no matter where it is when I select it, the widget will not render.

Instead all I see is the previous content of whatever was displayed in that area of the Eclipse UI. (for instance, the Package Explorer tab, or the GUI components displayed in the design window.)

I haven't found any posts anywhere of anyone having similar problems, and I am not seeing any error messages generated anywhere.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
-Al

Re: WindowBuilder Palette Issue [message #1017923 is a reply to message #1017807] Tue, 12 March 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
That sounds like a known Eclipse bug to me. Make sure that you are using Eclipse 3.8.2 and the very latest WB build.

You can also try closing that view and just using the palette embedded within the editor (which is the default configuration).
Re: WindowBuilder Palette Issue [message #1018235 is a reply to message #1017923] Wed, 13 March 2013 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al Dorrington is currently offline Al DorringtonFriend
Thanks for the info - I didn't realize that 3.8 was sort of 'different' as a bridge between Indigo and Juno.

When I looked into it today, I found that my configuration was trying to obtain updates for Indigo/3.6. I just added the repository for Juno and found a bunch of updates.
Re: WindowBuilder Palette Issue [message #1018453 is a reply to message #1018235] Wed, 13 March 2013 21:19 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
What did this Eclipse configuration start out as? Eclipse 3.6? If so, I would recommend throwing it away and starting with a clean copy of 3.8 or 4.2. Updating between major versions never works very well and you end up with lingering compatibility problems.
Previous Topic:Add Context Menu Item
Next Topic:WindowBuilder Install Fails Eclipse Juno 4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:18:37 GMT 2024