Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with using windows resource files
Problem with using windows resource files [message #1017781] Tue, 12 March 2013 14:29
Ben G. is currently offline Ben G.Friend
Hi all,

I just started using Eclipse and CDT (together with MinGW) and came across a small problem when using windows resource files (*.rc). I started building a small GUI with the WINAPI consisting of a menu bar with some items. Pressing the left mouse-button should display an extra window dialog using the CreateDialog() method.

I wrote the *.rc files of both the menu and the dialog myself with a texteditor. Using "C/C++ Build->Settings->Build Steps->Pre-build steps" I'm using windres.exe to create the corresponding *.o files. Also, these *.o files are linked using "C/C++ Build->Settings->Tool Setting->MinGW C++ Linker->Miscellaneous->Other objects".

So, here comes the problem:
If the first entry of my 'Other objects'-List is my menu.o the menu bar is displayed. When I click the left mouse-button, no extra window dialog comes up because the CreateDialog()-method returns NULL.

If I move up my dialog.o and so the first entry of my 'Other objects'-List is my dialog.o, then no menu bar is displayed but when I click the left mouse-button now, the extra window dialog comes up.

Thus, I cannot have both the menu and the extra dialog window. The same happens if I want to open the extra dialog window by pressing an item in the menu bar.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:Industrial
Next Topic:Eclipse preprocessor coloring code from a file or makefile?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:29:59 GMT 2024