Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How to programmatically import plug-ins and fragments from jar files
How to programmatically import plug-ins and fragments from jar files [message #1017679] Tue, 12 March 2013 10:14 Go to next message
Luca Bixio is currently offline Luca BixioFriend
I have some plug-ins and fragments exported in some jar files. I need to programmatically import those plug-ins and fragments as it is usually done through GUI by using File --> Import --> Plug-in Development --> Plug-ins and Fragments in order to have these in my current workspace. I have read some posts related to import projects (i.e., by exploiting .project) but in this case I only have jar files.

Snippets and/or hints will be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Luca
Re: How to programmatically import plug-ins and fragments from jar files [message #1017786 is a reply to message #1017679] Tue, 12 March 2013 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Maybe this is what you are looking for:
File > New > Other... > Plug-in from Existing JAR Archives
Re: How to programmatically import plug-ins and fragments from jar files [message #1017802 is a reply to message #1017786] Tue, 12 March 2013 15:06 Go to previous message
Luca Bixio is currently offline Luca BixioFriend
Thank you for your reply. The procedure you posted is another way to do that by using the GUI. However, I need to obtain the same result programmatically for importing plug-in and fragments into the current workspace.
Previous Topic:Default permissions and custom security manager.
Next Topic:Kepler M6 build is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:59:15 GMT 2024