Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table drop cell
Table drop cell [message #1017373] Mon, 11 March 2013 17:43 Go to next message
Mimmo Rossi is currently offline Mimmo RossiFriend
Hi All,
there is a possibility to drop a cell of a table in onRender or onCreate script?
I am able to drop in onPrepare script, but in this case i haven't yet the resultset, so i haven't the logical data to drop or not.
Thanks in advance
Re: Table drop cell [message #1017376 is a reply to message #1017373] Mon, 11 March 2013 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

No. It's too late, at that point, but you could use the data engine api to check your values earlier to be able to drop the cell.

http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1542-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Table drop cell [message #1017457 is a reply to message #1017376] Mon, 11 March 2013 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, thanks Michael, is ok!!
But i have one doubt and one problem:
doubt) if i have 2 dataset, one of this i run with the data engine api, but if then the same dataset are binding on a table, it's still being executed or, with option that you indicate to me in other topic, no?

problem) if i insert this on beforefacory
[...]
var arrIDNUM= new Array();	
while (ri.next()){
	tmpS= ri.getValue("ID_KPI");
	tmpI= ri.getValue("NUM_ROW");
        arrIDNUM[arrIDNUM.length]=[tmpS,tmpI];
}

for test, i write this:
reportContext.setGlobalVariable("arrIDNUM",arrIDNUM);
reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("arrIDNUM",arrIDNUM);
reportContext.setParameterValue("arrIDNUM",arrIDNUM);
reportContext.setPageVariable("VarrIDNUM",arrIDNUM);

but if i try to get all the values in onprepare of my table (to manage a colspan and drop), i receive a null value, but in onrender the values is ok; so the probem is that onprepare is performed before beforefactory, right?
If yes, how can i use the value to drop the cells (considering that i try to drop the cell number x for the row y, but receive an error because the detail is not yet developed, so there is only row 0) ?.
Thanks

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2013 23:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Table drop cell [message #1017556 is a reply to message #1017457] Tue, 12 March 2013 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Have you tried using the data engine code in the onPrepare? Can you explain more about the exact issue, so I can set up a test, or can you recreate it in a simple example, using the classic models database?

Michael

Re: Table drop cell [message #1017670 is a reply to message #1017556] Tue, 12 March 2013 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
!!!!
In on prepare is ok, BUT the problem is the same, i can't take, for example, the 6 rows of my detail (where i need to drop and set column span).
My problem is this:
i have a query that return, for example, 20 rows that i insert in a detail of my table with 4 column; i would that at the row number 9 i set on first cell a column span to 2 and drop the second cell.
It's possible?
Thanks
Re: Table drop cell [message #1019388 is a reply to message #1017670] Fri, 15 March 2013 15:26 Go to previous message

Can you put together an example that I can run, showing what you've got so far and let me know what you're looking for it to do? Thanks!

Michael

Previous Topic:problem with open report outside directory deployed
Next Topic:Font problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:23:39 GMT 2024