Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GDB Hardware debugging feature gets lost(Does anybody know how to get it back?)
GDB Hardware debugging feature gets lost [message #1017164] Sun, 10 March 2013 10:41 Go to next message
Ma Pe is currently offline Ma PeFriend
After installing a fresh Eclipse CDT (which took me an hour) and including the GDB Hardware debugging package debugging worked fine on my ARM controller.

Now I started to configure Eclipse in the my previous installation (took me another hour) and suddenly 'GDB Hardware debugging' in the 'Debug configurations' disappeared.

I suppose it happend after filling the green Run button with life by configuring the 'Run configurations'.

Deleting and reinstalling the GDB Hardware debugging package does not fix that.

Does anybody know where in the damn '.metadata' folder this configurations are stored and which file I have to delete to get my debugging back on the screen?

my configuration: Eclipse Juno SP2, 32 Bit, Java 32Bit, Windows7, 64Bit
Re: GDB Hardware debugging feature gets lost [message #1063210 is a reply to message #1017164] Wed, 12 June 2013 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Pettit is currently offline Ken PettitFriend
Hi Ma Pe,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am having the same issue after upgrading from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. I was using the Eclipse GDB Hardware debugging with no issues, then after the OS upgrade, the GDB Hardware Debugging option doesn't even show up in the "Debug Configurations" dialog. Even if I uninstall and re-install the GDB Hardware Debugging plugin. I have searched Google for hours looking for a solution, but no luck yet.

Thanks,
Ken
Re: GDB Hardware debugging feature gets lost [message #1070031 is a reply to message #1063210] Wed, 17 July 2013 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ma Pe is currently offline Ma PeFriend
Hallo Ken Pettit

sorry, no, I din't get it solved. I changed to Code::Blocks instead. Configuration is much, much easier. You can even copy a configuration to another folder. see
www.firefly-power.de/ARM/CodeBlocks.html

Regards Mape
Re: GDB Hardware debugging feature gets lost [message #1150301 is a reply to message #1070031] Tue, 22 October 2013 17:27 Go to previous message
Ralf Jesse is currently offline Ralf JesseFriend
Dear all,

maybe my answer is too late for you. I had the same effect on my newly installed Kepler and moving from yagarto to GNU ARM Toolchain.
However, it seems I found a solution! On my (Windows7-)PC I checked the checkbox "Windows --> Preferences --> Run --> Debug --> Launch Configurations --> GDB Hardware Debugging".
My idea was, to make configuration a little bit easier for future projects. After doing this, the "GDB Hardware Debugging" entry disappeared from the "Create, manage, and run
configurations" dialog. It took me some time to remember what I did. Well, after a while I unchecked the above mentiones checkbox, and voila: The "GDB Hardware Debugging" was
back again.

What I'm doing now to create a new debugging configuration:
1. I created a configuration template (__TEMPLATE_DEBUG__) with all required settings
2. A right-click on this template offers the opportunity to --> duplicate this template.
3. Modify the project name of the duplicated project from __TEMPLATE__DEBUG__ to "whateveryouneed"
4. Under C/C++ Application change to the new project (I use the 'Search Project..." button for this) and select "wateveryouneed".elf
5. At the top of the dialog change the 'Name:' from the template's name to "whateveryouneed"

@ Mape:
I agree, Code::Blocks seems to be much easier to handle. However, Michael Fischer (Yagarto) showed an alternative in one of his many answers:
Try emIDE (from emide.org). It seems to be a branch from Code::Blocks with a lot of improvements.

BR
Ralf
Previous Topic:How to quickly find a definition of a method, which derives after pure virtual function
Next Topic:ctrl + H stopped working in my Mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:25:41 GMT 2024