Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Query about iDocIt! plug-in(Will it generate Javadoc-like documentation from a WSDL?)
Query about iDocIt! plug-in [message #1017024] Fri, 08 March 2013 16:49 Go to next message
Jonathan Sachs is currently offline Jonathan SachsFriend
I'm investigating tools for automating the process of documenting SOAP and REST APIs. I'd like to find out whether the iDocIt! plug-in meets our basic criteria and warrants evaluation.

We need something that will generate complete reference documentation for SOAP and REST APIs, preferably in a format that resembles Javadoc output, since that's what our users are most accustomed to.

I'm not sure how to interpret this statement in iDocIt!'s feature list:
Quote:
You can document following elements... input message... output message (and if applicable directly the containing complexType's elements).

Does this mean that when I use it to document an API operation it will document the complextype elements only if the WSDL embeds their definitions in the message definition? If so, it's a non-starter for us.
Re: Query about iDocIt! plug-in [message #1017083 is a reply to message #1017024] Fri, 08 March 2013 21:42 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
This has nothing to do with the Eclipse Java Development Tools. You should ask iDocIt what there product does.
Previous Topic:No suitable driver found for 'ojdbc6.jar'
Next Topic:Juno SR2 Checksum Not Matching for eclipse-jee-juno-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:13:47 GMT 2024