Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » GEF editor without making use of NodeEditPart for node model elements?
GEF editor without making use of NodeEditPart for node model elements? [message #1017000] Fri, 08 March 2013 14:29 Go to next message
Stephan Druskat is currently offline Stephan DruskatFriend

I'm wondering whether it's possible to implement a GEF editor without making use of NodeEditPart & ConnectionEndpointEditPolicy().

My model doesn't follow the structure GEF seems to assume, in that connections aren't children of nodes. Instead they're children of the graph.

I'm having major difficulties with refreshing figures (cf. http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/458085/1016992/#msg_1016992), because I cannot include connections in a NodeEditPart's getModelChildren() method, but neither can I include them in the GraphEditPart's getModelChildren(), as they need to be registered with the NodeEditPart's getModelSourceConnection() and getModelTargetConnection() methods... Trying to get them as model children in the GraphEditPart leads to an index error (quite obviously).

The only way out I can see is to neglect the usage of NodeEditPart altogether and do everything manually. But will this work?
Re: GEF editor without making use of NodeEditPart for node model elements? [message #1018697 is a reply to message #1017000] Thu, 14 March 2013 10:21 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Why can't you use NodeEditPart? GEF doesn't assume any structure of the model.
Previous Topic:Error in editor - how to fix?
Next Topic:[Zest] Creation of a child node on the fly takes 1 sec
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:24:55 GMT 2024