Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » Automation RIO: prefilling creation dialog
Automation RIO: prefilling creation dialog [message #1016955] Fri, 08 March 2013 10:39 Go to next message
Martin Pain is currently offline Martin PainFriend
The AutomationRequest creation dialog method (org.eclipse.lyo.oslc4j.automation.resources.AutomationRequestResource.autoRequestCreator(...)) takes a query parameter to specify the automation plan identifier to use to pre-fill the creation dialog.

The specification-defined way of prefilling the creation dialog is to perform a POST on the dialog URL with the values to use to prefill it. In this case, where only prefilling the autoPlan is supported, I would expect that the response to that POST would be a redirect (with a "201 created" status) to the dialog URL with the autoPlan query parameter set.

I cannot see a method that responds to that POST request. Is it not there, or have I just not found it?

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Re: Automation RIO: prefilling creation dialog [message #1017072 is a reply to message #1016955] Fri, 08 March 2013 20:36 Go to previous message
Michael Fiedler is currently offline Michael FiedlerFriend
Hi Martin - the Automation sample might not be following the specs perfectly. The way it works right now is

- client does a GET on /creator (AutomationRequest.autoRequestCreator() ) which creates a list of plans and passes it to the client in /web/autorequest_creator.jsp for user plan selection
- when the user selects a plan autorequest_creator.jsp does another GET on AutomationRequest.autoRequestCreator(), this time providing the planId as a request param - this drives pre-fill of the request parameters
- once the user provides the parameters autorequest_creator.jsp and clicks Submit, index.jsp's create() method is called to POST the creation data to AutomationRequest.createHtmlAutoRequest()

I'll open a Bugzilla to have the pre-fill behavior follow the core spec better. Hope this helps - let me know if additional clarification is needed.

Regards,
Mike
Previous Topic:How do I translate the values returned from the ServiceCatalog?
Next Topic:How do I translate the values returned from the ServiceCatalog?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:25:06 GMT 2024