Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Cannot configure security, ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager(The Configure Security page fails after an upgrade from 2.2.0 to 3.0.0)
Cannot configure security, ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager [message #1016835] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:40 Go to next message
Joel F is currently offline Joel FFriend
I just upgraded 2.2.0 to 3.0.0. Debian install.
I had used crowd for security, but that was causing upgrade issues so I moved to hudson-security.xml file elsewhere to change to no security.
Now, everything is working, except that when I try to now 'configure security' I get an error page:

-------------
Problem accessing /hudson/securityManager/. Reason:

jar:file:/var/lib/hudson/war/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/hudson-core-3.0.0.jar!/lib/form/descriptorRadioList.jelly:52:73: <st:include> org/acegisecurity/AuthenticationManager

Caused by:

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: jar:file:/var/lib/hudson/war/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/hudson-core-3.0.0.jar!/lib/form/descriptorRadioList.jelly:52:73: <st:include> org/acegisecurity/AuthenticationManager
at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.handleException(TagScript.java:728)
at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:290)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager
at org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.ExtensibleURLClassLoader.findClass(ExtensibleURLClassLoader.java:54)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
--------
Re: Cannot configure security, ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager [message #1016849 is a reply to message #1016835] Thu, 07 March 2013 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Were you using crowd 1.1 (listed in Hudson update center)? If so and you have issues we should fix that bug first.

As to what you're now seeing, correct me if I'm wrong, but seems like this exception must be coming from a plugin, as acegisecurity was removed from Hudson 3.0. If you can narrow it down to a particular plugin, see if there is a later version in Hudson Plugin configuration and upgrade. If there isn't or you need further help, let me know.
Re: Cannot configure security, ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager [message #1016863 is a reply to message #1016849] Thu, 07 March 2013 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel F is currently offline Joel FFriend
I was using crowd 1, but I then updated to crowd2. That ended up being the problem (crowd2).
crowd2 did not package the acegi-security jar (assumedly becuase it was already in hudson 2.2).
I added the latest version of that to the plugin (acegi-security-1.0.7.jar) to the plugin dir. That at least brought the page up, but I still had an issue when I saved, a NoSuchMethod error. I may take a look later, but in the mean time I can work around by using unix security. Will file a bug against the crowd plugin. Thanks for the help!
Re: Cannot configure security, ClassNotFoundException: org.acegisecurity.AuthenticationManager [message #1016868 is a reply to message #1016863] Fri, 08 March 2013 00:14 Go to previous message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
In Hudson 3, acegi security is replaced with spring security. I forked crowd2 to make the switch. Please give crowd2 version 1.5-h-1 a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Hudson migration to 3.0: What is the admin user/pass at initial setup?
Next Topic:XSS Vulerability issue in Hudson
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:34:23 GMT 2024