Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure
Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure [message #1016826] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:11 Go to next message
Bradley M is currently offline Bradley MFriend
We've recently added a new bundle to our osgi project, which was the result of 'osgifying' a non osgi compatible bundle ourselves and it appears to have caused some dependency conflicts with an existing bundle.

This is not completely unexpected but the problem is that instead of printing out any errors virgo is just crashing and giving us a dump file, which I'm having trouble getting any useful information out of.

Is crashing when there's a failure to resolve dependencies expected behavior? And if it is, is that any kind of clue as to what kind of problem I should be looking for?

I've attached the summary.txt and thread.txt from the dump.

Thanks in advance,
Bradley
  • Attachment: summary.txt
    (Size: 0.09KB, Downloaded 256 times)
  • Attachment: thread.txt
    (Size: 26.30KB, Downloaded 1260 times)
Re: Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure [message #1016898 is a reply to message #1016826] Fri, 08 March 2013 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
can you attach also the logs?

Regards
Violeta
Re: Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure [message #1016941 is a reply to message #1016898] Fri, 08 March 2013 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Crashing is not expected behaviour. A resolution failure is supposed to drive a dump and then fail the deployment in question. During the dump, each dump contributor gets a chance to contribute a file to the dump. In particular, the OSGi (wiring) state and region digraph should be dumped so they can be analysed offline using the web admin console.

In addition to attaching the logs, it would be great if you can narrow this scenario down to something reproducible with a small number of bundles. Often the root cause becomes obvious during that narrowing down process. But if the root cause does not become apparent, you'll have something we can look into further, possible as input to a bugzilla if appropriate.
Re: Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure [message #1017074 is a reply to message #1016826] Fri, 08 March 2013 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradley M is currently offline Bradley MFriend
I now know what's causing the problem, but the why is still unclear. We use some XML schemas and jaxb to generate classes which we Marshall to and from XML. It so happens that we're supporting two versions of these schemas simultaneously.
So now we have two packages com.foo.bar and com.foo.bar2 that have the same class names in them, and one particular bundle doesn't seem to play nicely with this.

Which log files should I attach?
Re: Virgo Crashing on Resolution Failure [message #1017240 is a reply to message #1017074] Mon, 11 March 2013 09:38 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Please attach serviceability/logs/log.log and serviceability/eventlogs/eventlog.log to be on the safe side.
Previous Topic:My virgo start meet error:"Configuration failed with the following problems"
Next Topic:Not able to load Run Time JRE class: com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:16:16 GMT 2024