Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EOL
EOL [message #1016767] Thu, 07 March 2013 15:51 Go to next message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
Hi all,

I work with "org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.buildooinstance" tutorial on

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.epsilon/trunk/examples/

and i work BuildOOInstance.eol file.

This file understand my model and can perform to generate my model instance.

But when i want auto complition (ctrl + shift) i cant get my models clasess or

features information ( on right click after dot ex: Class. ) so i want to ask u

is .eol file dont have auto complete feature ?
Re: EOL [message #1016800 is a reply to message #1016767] Thu, 07 March 2013 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

I'm sorry, but the E*L editors do not support autocomplete. The Epsilon languages support models which do not have metamodels, so we can't rely on having something to autocomplete against.
Re: EOL [message #1829751 is a reply to message #1016800] Fri, 10 July 2020 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Frühwirth is currently offline Thomas FrühwirthFriend
Hi,

I was wondering if this information still accurate? I am working on model transformation with ETL and, to be honest, it's somewhat cumbersome without the autocompletion feature. Are there any plans to implement this, maybe just if a metamodel is available?

Best regards,
Thomas

Re: EOL [message #1829754 is a reply to message #1829751] Fri, 10 July 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Thomas,

Yes, this is still accurate. We are working on static analysis for Epsilon programs but our first milestone is to use it to provide metamodel-aware error checking. Code completion would be the next logical step but we don't have a timeline for this. To get a preview of the (currently very incomplete) static analysis facilities, you can turn on static analysis in the Eclipse preferences dialog (Epsilon) and then try the following code in an EOL file:

model M driver EMF {nsuri="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore"};

var c : EClass;
var u : Unknown;

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: EOL [message #1829867 is a reply to message #1829754] Mon, 13 July 2020 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Frühwirth is currently offline Thomas FrühwirthFriend
Hi,

Great, I've just tried that and it works like a charm. Still, meta-model-based code completion would be a great feature. :)

Thanks a lot,
Thomas
Re: EOL [message #1834942 is a reply to message #1829867] Sat, 21 November 2020 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jo ber is currently offline jo berFriend
Hi

I also support the idea to have this feature integrated for meta-model based mappings.
Is there something where I could give a hand?

Kind regards,
Re: EOL [message #1835009 is a reply to message #1834942] Mon, 23 November 2020 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Thanks for offering to help! We are currently working on static analysis facilities for EOL [1] that allow us to infer the type of EOL expressions, perform type checking and report relevant errors (e.g. when attempting to assign a string value to an integer property) in Epsilon editors.

What we haven't looked into so far is the mechanics of offering context-aware code completion within the Epsilon editors. If you could develop a small proof of concept that extends the EOL editor to e.g. propose a few fixed methods every time '.' is pressed after a string literal, that would certainly help speed things up.

Thanks,
Dimitris

[1] https://github.com/quratulain-york/org.eclipse.epsilon
Re: EOL [message #1841609 is a reply to message #1835009] Sat, 22 May 2021 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jo ber is currently offline jo berFriend
Hi
I thought about an alternative approach:
1. Convert the Epsilon grammar to Xtext grammar
2. Use the generated code in xtext for validation and autocompletion
Do you see any flaws in this approach?
My main issue would be to convert the grammar. I'm not really experienced in this area.
Kind regards

[Updated on: Sat, 22 May 2021 07:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EOL [message #1841610 is a reply to message #1841609] Sat, 22 May 2021 07:15 Go to previous message

Hi Jo,

This would be no small feat I'm afraid. Beyond converting the EOL grammar, you would also need to replicate the logic that resolves type names to metamodel types (in the different modelling technologies supported by Epsilon), property call expressions to attributes/references, operation calls to built-in/user-defined operations etc. Moreover, you'd need to keep all this in sync as Epsilon evolves over time.

Best,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:[Evl] Eclipse MessageDialog Errors
Next Topic:Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:46:51 GMT 2024