Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Cannot connect to internal H2 database
Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1016752] Thu, 07 March 2013 15:07 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I was trying to run Jubula inside Eclipse Juno but I am facing troubles connecting to the internal H2 database.

I started with a plain Juno for RCP developers release, installed Jubula into it and tried to connect to the H2 database.

I get an error message: "Database connection failed: Please enter a valid username and password and try again"

which might be misleading as I can see an SQLException "No suitable driver found for jdbc:h2:C:\data\Jubula\database;MUCC=TRUE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE" on the console.

I was playing around with different file URIs, but without any luck.

The problem is reproducible on win32, the same setup on a linux machine works out of the box.
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1016909 is a reply to message #1016752] Fri, 08 March 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If the setup works on another machine, then my first suspicion is write access or firewall. Could it be one of those two things?

HTH,
Alex
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1017065 is a reply to message #1016909] Fri, 08 March 2013 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Gave it another try today and it worked as expected. Might be that installing Jubula in eclipse needs a windows reboot to work? Might be the jdbc drivers...

anyway, it works right now Smile
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1017100 is a reply to message #1017065] Sat, 09 March 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanks for the update. A required reboot would be new to me, but I'm glad it works now, whatever the reason Smile
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1097273 is a reply to message #1017100] Thu, 29 August 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Ball is currently offline James BallFriend
Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem as stated. GUIDancer was working ok, I experienced a problem connecting to my remote client (which I have received on and off). This caused me to reboot the GUIDancer client. On restarting GUIDancer I received the same message, I am left with a database login prompt requesting me to enter a valid username and password and the specified connection being the 'Default Embedded (H2)'. Clicking OK on the prompt only repeats the problem.

I have rebooted both machines and there is still the same problem.

Any thoughts gratefully received,
James.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2013 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1097788 is a reply to message #1097273] Fri, 30 August 2013 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

There may be a lock on the H2 database - it sounds like something I've seen once or twice. Unfortunately, I'm not a database expert, so I wouldn't want to recommend how to get rid of the lock, but maybe this information helps you further.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1213091 is a reply to message #1097788] Wed, 27 November 2013 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sachin D V is currently offline Sachin D VFriend
Go to your home folder and delete .jubula file,then uninstall the jubula tool and install it back.This time you wouldn't face this issue Smile
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1219121 is a reply to message #1213091] Mon, 02 December 2013 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That will indeed solve the problem, but it will also delete the database (including the data in it!)
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1219656 is a reply to message #1219121] Thu, 05 December 2013 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
louy koko is currently offline louy kokoFriend
Hallo All,

I have a problem of connection H2 Embedded Database in Jubula.
I cant even add a new project.

Does anyone have information to get rid of this problem?
Can I get my project recoved from this Database?

Waiting your inputs Please!!

Louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1219725 is a reply to message #1219656] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Louis,

Can you be more specific? What version of Jubula are you using, on what system?
Could you previously access the database? Have any firewall or security settings changed? Have you (or has someone else) deleted the database?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1219736 is a reply to message #1219725] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using Jubula version 7.1 on Windows 7.
Yes. I had a very good access to the H2-Database yesterday, and today once I started to open Jubula and continue working on my project, it does not open at all my project.
No one has deleted the Database. I am the only guy, who is working on this System.
And I do not even know, where this database located.If you know, let me know. Thanks.

I did now a stuped thing--I uninstalled Jubula, so I lost my Test cases, which I created...

But before removing Jubula I made a copy of the installation folder(jubula_7.1.00054) from the Program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)), in case I can recover my project later on.

Then I installed Jubula again and start now from scratch my Test cases again, which I have a spent few weeks working on that.

Above This I got an advice from a friend to export the project every day or every week and then I can import it easily in case of problem like that.

I made some intial Tests and then export the project as XML file.
The question is now , how can I import this file to jubula!
I tried from Menu, Test---import, it started to importing the project but error said, it is already in the database.

Connection to Database successful.
Importing projects...
Reading projects...
Reading project file /C:/Users/Louis/Desktop/BASEP/BASE2_6.0_Complete/CD/Software/BASE2_6.0.0/BASE2_6.0.0/Test_ESABASE2_RCP_1.0_Test.xml.
Project "ESABASE2_RCP" in version 1.0 requires the following project(s):
- project "unbound_modules_rcp" in version 7.1
- project "unbound_modules_concrete" in version 7.1
- project "unbound_modules_swt" in version 7.1
Finished reading projects.
Importing ESABASE2_RCP_1.0...
The import of project "ESABASE2_RCP" failed.
There is already a project "ESABASE2_RCP" in version 1.0 in the Database.
Finished importing ESABASE2_RCP_1.0.
Finished importing projects.

I hope You can help on this occasion.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1220162 is a reply to message #1219736] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The embedded database that is used automatically is created in your home directory. That's why the project is still in there, even after reinstalling.
Information on the databases and their configurations is here and here.

If you've created a backup of the project, then you could delete the embedded database file from the home directory and then reconnect to the database from the ITE. A new database will be created, and you'll be able to import the project.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1220169 is a reply to message #1220162] Tue, 10 December 2013 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo Allex,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes. I made backup from menu-->Test then export, a XML files are created. then I deleted my project from the H2 database. After that I can import my project.

But can I get my old project back? I did not made any backups at that time, I just saved the installation folder of jubula on another place on HDD.

Thank you again in advance for your help.

Cheers
Louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1220178 is a reply to message #1220169] Tue, 10 December 2013 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo again Alex,

I saved also the folder database, which contains my old project.
content of the folder are:
1-folder named embedded.lobs.db------>it contains 75 files(1.temp, 2.temp, 3.temp..........76.temp). I found that 75.temp is not exist.
2-file named embedded.311.log
3-file named embedded.data
4-file named embedded.index
5-file named embedded.trace

So is that possible to get my old project from these database files.

I tried to relocate my current database folder in a saved place, and paste the old folder database which contains my old project, then I cant open any file from the database and error message appears. Therefore I return everything as it was.

If you have any ideas, please share with with me.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot.

louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1220716 is a reply to message #1220178] Fri, 13 December 2013 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo,

I have a problem, I want to check existence of text with more than 255 charachters.
I used <ub_ctx_check Text[TEXT;OPERATOR]>

A message error appears Warning-
Reason:
501: A maximum of 255 charachters can be entered here!

Is there any solution or ideas to check text over 255 letter?
Can I also check image(logo) with Jubula?

Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1228083 is a reply to message #1220716] Mon, 06 January 2014 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the way you tried to regain the project would have been the way I suggested. Sounds like the database version used for that database was another one, so it doesn't look likely that you can regain the project with the current installation.

As for your other question (it helps other forum users if you enter new questions in new threads), you may be able to check a text that has more than 255 characters using regular expressions i.e. not entering the whole text into the field. You can check the existence of an image, you can check the images properties (e.g. image ID), but you would have to use an external tool to do an image comparison then add this check via "execute external command".

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1228975 is a reply to message #1228083] Wed, 08 January 2014 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallo Alex,

I tried to use the regular expression as you advised, but it seems that it does not work also or I am doing something wrong.

The text that I want to check is:

The Software was developed by the company under the work contract.
The software is distributed and may be used under the terms and
conditions of the customers Licence and in connection with
a support contract with the company.
For details refer to www.company.com

I entered for example.
T.*
The software*

and many trials, but It said that (Check Failed)
Which expression Do you think I can use?

Another thing for image or logo check, which program is available to use?

Thank you very much for your help.

Louis
Re: Cannot connect to internal H2 database [message #1229773 is a reply to message #1228975] Fri, 10 January 2014 07:22 Go to previous message
Hello,

If you are using '.*', then you must be using the OPERATOR "matches". If you are using '*', then you will probably need the OPERATOR "simple match" (also, in your second example, you use a small 's' for software, whereas the text you pasted had a capital 'S'). It would help if you could post test results showing the failed test step (and since this is very off topic to the original post, I'd recommend opening another thread).

As for programs, I've personally never used one so I can't help you there.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:execute next test step within a test suite
Next Topic:Jubula ALM Mantis Exception by reporting results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:34:02 GMT 2024