Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Ecore Model Does Does Not Create(Following Tutorial and get error in Indigo and Juno)
Ecore Model Does Does Not Create [message #1016750] Thu, 07 March 2013 14:59 Go to next message
Matthew CunliffeFriend
Hi all,
I'm completely new to Eclipse, and am just trying to get the basics installed and working properly before I move on to other things.
I've installed both Eclipse Indigo and Juno (separately) Modeling Tools on a Windows 7 64bit machine, and then downloaded the EMF functionality from "Install Modeling Components".
I'm running JavaSE-1.7 JRE

I've followed the tutorial at eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/emf-tutorial/ which instructs me to create an empty EMF Project and then a new Ecore model.

When I create the Ecore model, the icon has an "x" against it, and an error message saying "no viable alternative at input ';'". This happens in both Indigo and Juno - and doesn't happen in the tutorial.

I haven't done anything except extract the software and dowload the components, then follow the instructions in the tutorial.

Does anyone have an idea why this may be happening?

Thanks.
Re: Ecore Model Does Does Not Create [message #1067557 is a reply to message #1016750] Tue, 09 July 2013 10:22 Go to previous message
Elvio Perino is currently offline Elvio PerinoFriend
I have the same problem, and I can't do the tutorial.
but in other time I did the same thing and it was working. And now not anymore.
Anyone now why? Sad
Previous Topic:Texo: list of annoying details
Next Topic:Getting an exception while loading a model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:56:14 GMT 2024