Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Moderated Forums
Moderated Forums [message #1016582] Thu, 07 March 2013 01:09 Go to next message
Steve Kallestad is currently offline Steve KallestadFriend
I have to throw my two cents out there for anybody who will listen.

Moderated forums are not a good thing for user to user support. Who knows when a moderator is going to get around to posting your thread?

It could be 10 minutes, it could be a matter of days. It's one thing waiting for an answer for a few days. It's an entirely different thing waiting for a question to be posted.

Re: Moderated Forums [message #1016586 is a reply to message #1016582] Thu, 07 March 2013 01:39 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Steve Kallestad wrote on Wed, 06 March 2013 20:09
I have to throw my two cents out there for anybody who will listen.

Moderated forums are not a good thing for user to user support. Who knows when a moderator is going to get around to posting your thread?

It could be 10 minutes, it could be a matter of days. It's one thing waiting for an answer for a few days. It's an entirely different thing waiting for a question to be posted.

You have the spammers to thank for this situation. When these forums were un-moderated, we had periodic influxes of spam that annoyed everyone and lowered the signal-to-noise ratio. Various policies were tried, but so far requiring moderation of new users is the only one that has worked consistently.
In the past few days a backlog of moderation requests built up, but typically legit messages are approved within a day or so.
Also note that only new users require moderation of their first post; once you've been approved you can post freely.
Previous Topic:obj Files in eclipse
Next Topic:"Export Column as Locale Neutral" option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:32:37 GMT 2024