Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL] Transforming to herited model
[ETL] Transforming to herited model [message #1016379] Wed, 06 March 2013 10:00 Go to next message
Christophe g is currently offline Christophe gFriend
Hello

I'm using ETL to perform a transformation from a model A to a model B.
The metamodel MA is an extension of the metamodel MB. Therefore, I have common objects.
The identical objects are tagged as object from MA when performing the transformation.
So far, I've had to write a rule to transform each element.

I was wondering if there was a more efficient way to transform the elements which are common to MA and MB, and thus not to write the associated rules.

Best regards,

Christophe

[Updated on: Thu, 07 March 2013 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ETL] Transforming to herited model [message #1016872 is a reply to message #1016379] Fri, 08 March 2013 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Christophe,

One option would be to use Flock instead of ETL [1]. Another option would be to write a model-to-text transformation that generates a copy ETL transformation from the MB Ecore metamodel and then import and refine the generated copy transformation from a 2nd transformation which deals with the additional EClasses in MA.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/flock/
Re: [ETL] Transforming to herited model [message #1017184 is a reply to message #1016379] Sun, 10 March 2013 19:58 Go to previous message
Christophe g is currently offline Christophe gFriend
Hi Dimitris

Thanks for the answer, I'll look into Flock, that seems to be a nice tool for what I want to do.

Best Reguards,

Christophe
Previous Topic:EVL-Validating from a node different of root not working until root validation is made
Next Topic:EVL Quick Fix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:16:16 GMT 2024