Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Auto-edit after reference completion
Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1016365] Wed, 06 March 2013 09:06 Go to next message
Victor Noël is currently offline Victor NoëlFriend
Hi,

In my grammar, I have a rule like that:

PartProvidedPortReference returns spead::PortReferenceWA:
	{PartProvidedPortReference}
	declaringComponent=[spead::ComponentInstance|ValidID] '.'
	port=[spead::ProvidedPort|ValidID];

Is it possible to have the dot '.' auto-inserted after completion of declaringComponent using content-assist?

Thank you!
Re: Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1016981 is a reply to message #1016365] Fri, 08 March 2013 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I take the liberty of "uping" this post Smile
Re: Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1016993 is a reply to message #1016981] Fri, 08 March 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi guess there is not out of the box solution for that, you can try to hook into

(a)

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractJavaBasedContentProposalProvider.DefaultProposalCreator.DefaultProposalCreator(AbstractJavaBasedContentProposalProvider, ContentAssistContext, String, IQualifiedNameConverter)

by overriding

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractJavaBasedContentProposalProvider.getProposalFactory(String, ContentAssistContext)

(b) org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.AbstractContentProposalProvider.createCompletionProposal(String, StyledString, Image, ContentAssistContext)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1017013 is a reply to message #1016993] Fri, 08 March 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for these details, in the end I extended XbaseReferenceProposalCreator (and injected it in my UiModule) so that I can check the type of the feature that is being completed and then I tweaked the proposalCreator.

It gives me something like that for the record, I hope I didn't forget anything when modifying the proposal that is created:

public class SpeADLReferenceProposalCreator extends XbaseReferenceProposalCreator {

@Override
	protected Function<IEObjectDescription, ICompletionProposal> getWrappedFactory(
			final EObject model, final EReference reference,
			final Function<IEObjectDescription, ICompletionProposal> proposalFactory) {

if (reference.equals(SpeADPackage.Literals.PORT_REFERENCE__DECLARING_INSTANCE)) {
			return new Function<IEObjectDescription, ICompletionProposal>() {
				public ICompletionProposal apply(IEObjectDescription from) {
					ConfigurableCompletionProposal result = (ConfigurableCompletionProposal) proposalFactory.apply(from);
					// TODO why null??!!
					if (result != null) {
						result.setReplacementString(result.getReplacementString() + ".");
						result.setCursorPosition(result.getCursorPosition()+1);
					}
					return result;
				}
			};
		}
		return super.getWrappedFactory(model, reference, proposalFactory);
	}

}

As you can see in my TODO comment, I don't know why, sometimes result is null.
Actually, when triggering completion, the proposal creator is called twice per candidate reference!
Re: Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1017051 is a reply to message #1017013] Fri, 08 March 2013 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

it may be null e.g. if the qualified name of your thing is not serializable at this point

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Auto-edit after reference completion [message #1017108 is a reply to message #1017051] Sat, 09 March 2013 12:15 Go to previous message
Ok, that must be it I think Smile

Thank you for the explanation!
Previous Topic:2-step generating
Next Topic:Duplicate Name Default Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:37:33 GMT 2024