Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem Exporting RCP Project for Java Webstart(Problem Exporting RCP Project for Java Webstart)
Problem Exporting RCP Project for Java Webstart [message #1015734] Fri, 01 March 2013 23:51 Go to next message
Jeremiah Moser is currently offline Jeremiah MoserFriend
Hello, I am new exporting RCP projects, and am having trouble getting a Java webstart app to launch. After wrapping everything in my product file up in a new feature and exporting, when I launch I get this message:

MissingFieldException[ The following required field is missing from the launch file: <jnlp><information><vendor>]
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.buildInformationDesc(Unknown Source)

looking through the web it seems like it was suggested that there might be a missing dependency somewhere?

So with that, I started removing features from my export feature. I was able to pinpoint a few features that if I were to leave them out, then I was able to bypass this error. Things appeared to download fine, but then the application didn't start. The log says:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.WebStartMain.basicRun(WebStartMain.java:78)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.WebStartMain.main(WebStartMain.java:57)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Which seems to point to an osgi framework issue. I did happen to notice that the folder that it was writing out to was going to my desktop, not to my actual user home.

So I don't know if this is a problem with my JNLP file (I can post if necessary), or if I have another issue. I've been having trouble with this one for some time, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Re: Problem Exporting RCP Project for Java Webstart [message #1032099 is a reply to message #1015734] Tue, 02 April 2013 15:06 Go to previous message
Jeremiah Moser is currently offline Jeremiah MoserFriend
I guess I'll answer my own question here. It doesn't seem too publicized, but when exporting feature for Java Web Start the vendor information must be filled out. This would have been an easy fix based on the error message, except that this was referring to an Eclipse library that was not under my direct control. Had to import this library and make sure the information was filled out, and then re-export for Java Web Start to work.
Previous Topic:RCP Obfuscation
Next Topic:Loading NativeLib with WebStart (JRE 1.7)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:09:11 GMT 2024