Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Validation after Transformation
Validation after Transformation [message #1015549] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:48 Go to next message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi!

I have a text editor (XText) which creates a model A conforming to a meta model MA.
In order to validate A I have to transform the model A to a model B conforming to a meta model MB and validate B afterwards. If using Epsilon ETL and EVL, I will get EvlUnsatisfiedConstraint for the model B. The corresponding object which leads to the constraint violation is given by EvlUnsatisfiedConstraint.getInstance().

What I need is to show up errors in the text editor. Therefore I need to link somehow the objects from A which were needed in order to transform to some specific object B. Is this linking/mapping possible with Epsilon? This means, that I need some access to the meta model for the transformation.

Best regards,
Alex.
Re: Validation after Transformation [message #1015553 is a reply to message #1015549] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alex,

I suspect that you're invoking ETL/EVL from Java code. If this is the case, you can get your ETL module's context and from there you can have access to the transformation trace (i.e. module.getContext().getTransformationTrace()), which you can then query to find traces between elements of the source/target models.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Validation after Transformation [message #1015554 is a reply to message #1015549] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alex,

I suspect that you're invoking ETL/EVL from Java code. If this is the case, you can get your ETL module's context and from there you can have access to the transformation trace (i.e. module.getContext().getTransformationTrace()), which you can then query to find traces between elements of the source/target models.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Validation after Transformation [message #1015596 is a reply to message #1015554] Fri, 01 March 2013 10:26 Go to previous message
Alex G is currently offline Alex GFriend
Hi Dimitris!

Yes, ETL shall be invoked standalone. Thanks a lot for the hint, I'll try it out.

Best regards,
Alex.
Previous Topic:Getter for annotated Operations?
Next Topic:[EVL] Validate UML Model from Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:08:15 GMT 2024