Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How to provide user authentication for RAP/RCP
How to provide user authentication for RAP/RCP [message #1015329] Thu, 28 February 2013 09:09
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi all,
I have a question regarding authentication of users providing a single sourced RAP/RCP approach.

This is the scenario:
I have a database access managed via spring/teneo/hibernate. I would like to use a proxy user for an oracle DatabaseConnection. So I need a way to find out the current user. I have added a Filter that does user authentication and sets the valid user name into the HttpSession. Now when I access the datasource for a DatabaseConnection I would like to get the valid user attribute from the HttpSession.

I thought I could use spring SessionScoped beans. I added the org.springframework.web.filter.RequestContextFilter which provides the request to the current Thread. Now I realized that the access via RAP is performed within the RAP UIThread, which is not the Thread that contains the required information. A solution would be to use RWT

userId = (String) RWT.getUISession().getHttpSession().getAttribute("USER_ID");

But then I need to make my persistence layer RAP dependend. And the call will fail if not issued from an UIThread. I will have problems with access via a RCP application.

I would be glad if somebody could point out a better approach.

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:How to have single sourcing ?
Next Topic:Graphic glitches on IE9 on RAP 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:47:59 GMT 2024