Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Properties view (compatibility view)
Properties view (compatibility view) [message #1015196] Wed, 27 February 2013 17:37 Go to next message
Rui Domingues is currently offline Rui DominguesFriend
Hi everyone.

I'm developing an RCP which used 3.x editors like the ones of Graphiti, GMF, and these use contributions to standard 3.x properties view.

Thus, I also want use this view to show properties of my E4 views, however I know that in 3.x we must code something like:
getSite().setSelectionProvider(viewer);

in order to make the view selection available to other views.

In e4 we have selectionservice, but as Far as I know 3.x properties view is not listening when I use the selection service to propagate the selection in my view, because I can't obviously insert the code below in it:
@Inject
void setSelection(@Optional @Named(IServiceConstants.ACTIVE_SELECTION) MyClass clazz) {

}

What should I do to make 3.x properties to listen to selections in my e4 Views, or what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2013 17:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Properties view (compatibility view) [message #1015575 is a reply to message #1015196] Fri, 01 March 2013 09:23 Go to previous message
Rui Domingues is currently offline Rui DominguesFriend
Anyone??

It is the third time I post a question similar to this one and I never get an answer, or even a suggestion, trick or tip?

Is this impossible, should I develop 3.x views and that's it?
Previous Topic:Kepler M5 editor focus issue
Next Topic:Reset perspective though command for perspective created by application model not showing any part i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:05:05 GMT 2024