Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Evaluation(Evaluation of Hudson and Jenkins)
Evaluation [message #1014863] Tue, 26 February 2013 16:02 Go to next message
atith songtham is currently offline atith songthamFriend
Hi Eclipse team,

I've written an E-Mail to 'emo@eclipse.org' and he suggested me to post my question in this forum. So here it is:
I'm a working student at PE-International. Right now I'm doing a evaluation between your build server Hudson and Jenkins.
I wanted to ask you if you have any references for me to use in this evaluation. Like the number of installations, or the number of created and fixed issues.
Maybe you have any further references for me that I can use?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Atith
Re: Evaluation [message #1015000 is a reply to message #1014863] Wed, 27 February 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tang Shi-Ming is currently offline Tang Shi-MingFriend
what's your target? I'm new too. I think the idea of CI is very good. The most valuable part the the UT and Auto function test. Doing this with Hudson/Jenkins or even a set of scripts is OK to me.
Re: Evaluation [message #1015229 is a reply to message #1014863] Wed, 27 February 2013 20:31 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
The main goal of Eclipse Hudson is providing a CI tool that is stable. The fundamental philosophies of this Top Level Eclipse Technology project is

- Favor stability over throwing in several features
- Implement features that are necessary for day to day operation rather satisfying someones "itching" to have the features.
- Discuss features well before implementing it via forum or bugzilla and develop in a branch before merging in to master
- Make Hudson a true Enterprise product, by using standard technologies and strengthen stability and performance

Moving from Hudson 2.x to 3.x in to Eclipse Foundation is a major change due to stringent requirements from Eclipse Foundation to make sure the product is IP clean and only standard libraries are used (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson-ci/development/third_party_libraries/3.0.0). We are working hard to stabilize 3.0.0 at Eclipse and making it a rock hard stable product moving forward.

As far as number of installations, here is a study we conducted earlier for 2.x.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson-ci/Hudson_Install_Stats

The bugs trend can be found here

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?list_id=4571586&classification=Technology&query_format=advanced&component=Core&product=Hudson

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2013 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:currently logged in user should be as HUDSON_USER
Next Topic:Hudson 3.0 and Copy artifacts plugin issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:55:35 GMT 2024