Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt Excel and PDF format limitation
Birt Excel and PDF format limitation [message #1014367] Mon, 25 February 2013 17:07 Go to next message
Naveen V M is currently offline Naveen V MFriend
Hi Everyone,

I am using Birt(2.6.0). Actually my report output contains 14,50,000 rows and 70 columns. And, I have designed a custom Birt template which has 4 hidden table and 1 table being displayed consisting of 70 columns. And 9 charts formed based on the reported data.

With this criteria when I run a Birt report in Excel format, the report execution is successful and while trying to open the Excel output file, it says that the excel file is corrupted.

So I tried generating in PDF format, this time also report execution is successful. When I opened the output file, it doesn't have any data. It just has the skeleton of the template.

With the lesser population, the generated output files and results are proper in both the formats.

Could you please let me know whether the Birt has any limitation on the number of rows that report can hold?

Could someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks In Advance,
Naveen.
Re: Birt Excel and PDF format limitation [message #1014475 is a reply to message #1014367] Mon, 25 February 2013 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean Lewis is currently offline Sean LewisFriend
How many rows is the report? Excel XLS format can only hold 65,536 rows. It's a limit of excel. You could try a different emitter and use the XLSX format if that's the problem, it allows 1,048,576 rows.
Re: Birt Excel and PDF format limitation [message #1014550 is a reply to message #1014475] Tue, 26 February 2013 02:58 Go to previous message
Naveen V M is currently offline Naveen V MFriend
Hi Sean,

Birt internally creates a new sheet if the number of rows are beyond 65,536. Here total number of rows in a report is 1,450,000.

Thanks,
Naveen
Previous Topic:Problem in export report - table layout
Next Topic:PPT report wrapping issue for Japanese language when generating on linux or unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:16:48 GMT 2024