Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » integrated webserver to "run" as webpage directly? (php, xhtml, css)
integrated webserver to "run" as webpage directly? (php, xhtml, css) [message #1013455] Sat, 23 February 2013 17:46 Go to next message
Manfred Peters is currently offline Manfred PetersFriend
Hello,

I goggled much but don't found right sources or I am looking for something don't work.

Short story for my question:
Friend of me working with BIRT-eclipse-plugin (BI tool for BI-Websites) and there he is able to click "run" (in eclipse) and view his work directly in a web browser. And this without installing an external web server and without deploy some files.

Question
At the moment I develop my php-xhtml Website in a normal editor and paste the files to a web server to see the result in a browser. But now I want to switch to use eclipse to edit all my files (php, css, html) and get them easy rendered and viewed in a webbrowser. Directly out of eclipse without installing external web server. And with use of all files (images, css files, etc).

For that, there have to be an integrated web server for eclipse, perhaps already within PDT? If it is, how I get to use of it. Anybody know a good tutorial for this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Manni

[Updated on: Sat, 23 February 2013 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: integrated webserver to "run" as webpage directly? (php, xhtml, css) [message #1015254 is a reply to message #1013455] Wed, 27 February 2013 22:02 Go to previous message
Manfred Peters is currently offline Manfred PetersFriend
At the moment my solution is a normal external web server on my local machine and to integrated my eclipse-PDT-project directly to the html and php files in the web server directory.

Perhaps there is no integrated web server solution in eclipse / PDT?
Previous Topic:Focus a custom widget Composite when i <tab> through the children of a main Composite
Next Topic:ECLIPSE + JUNO + PDT + EXCESSIVE FORMATTING OF WHOLE FILE PROBLEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:50:45 GMT 2024