Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Some open sourced Virgo plans(I just uploaded some virgo plans on Github)
Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1013395] Sat, 23 February 2013 15:06 Go to next message
Charlie Mordant is currently offline Charlie MordantFriend

Hi,

I just uploaded some virgo plans on Github.

With them, you'll have access to:

Gemini Dbaccess
    Gemini Jpa
    ActiveMQ JMS OSGI service out of the box
    Camel Jms support
    Camel Web socket support
    Spring Security
    Hibernate Validator with Validator factory OSGI Service

End-user Maven Archetypes coming soon.

Feel free to use, modify, improve, take it as an Eclipse project (If you want I'll be an Eclipse commiter)...

https://github.com/Tcharl/virgo.plans

Kind regards.
Re: Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1014239 is a reply to message #1013395] Mon, 25 February 2013 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Very interesting! Is there any documentation?

The readme.md refers to Karaf features. Should that be updated to talk about Virgo plans?
Re: Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1014242 is a reply to message #1014239] Mon, 25 February 2013 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Sorry, I messed some things in the readme (Git updated!).

The exact text would be:

h1. What is it? This is bunch of Eclipse Virgo plans to enable a fully-fledged osgiliath ESB project

h2. How to use?

First you have to configure your maven settings.xml to mirror the osgiliath nexus (http://nexus.osgiliath.net/nexus/content/groups/public/) or install superpom and helpers projects.

In a second time, configure in this file a maven active profile with the property virgo.path pointing on your root virgo jetty installation (3.6.0.RELEASE at the time I'm writing). Add entry javax.persistence.metamodel to the spring orm MANIFEST (on the repository/ext folder).

Finally just run mvn clean install and launch Virgo!

h2. Architecture

You can clone the git project at https://github.com/Tcharl/virgo.plans.git

It's composed of a parent pom and multiples modules (plans):

derby for the database
jpa for persistence
validation for hibernate validation (with an osgi service)
security for spring security
messaging with camel for jms and websocket (jms connection is exported)

Nice to hear you Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2013 12:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1014264 is a reply to message #1014242] Mon, 25 February 2013 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Thanks for updating the readme!

More questions.

1. What's osgiliath?

2. Does this ESB project require Virgo Jetty Server or will it also work with Virgo Server for Apache Tomcat?

3. Do you have one or two sample applications to demonstrate the use of this ESB?
Re: Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1014339 is a reply to message #1014264] Mon, 25 February 2013 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

1. Osgiliath is the name of my website (http://osgiliath.net) and fictive organisation (just kinda fun, but I'll continue programming with this framework for a long time and it's totally opened for new contributors/ok to move to Eclipse).

2. Virgo Jetty is neccessary for the messaging plan, particularly for the websocket part (as it's done via camel-websocket wich uses the jetty websocket api) .

3. Unfortunately not, I have one project which works on it (Javascript ui + advanced camel routes with jms and websocket+ 3 databases), but I can't open the sources. I'll make some Maven Archetypes based on it and a little Helloworld while I'll have finished this precedent project (A Go game server).

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2013 16:09]

Re: Some open sourced Virgo plans [message #1014752 is a reply to message #1014339] Tue, 26 February 2013 11:52 Go to previous message

Hi Glyn,

I made a little example (not sure it is working, but the spirit is here), there will be few modification to do to make it running: https://github.com/Tcharl/Karaf-and-Virgo-osgiliath-reference-helloworld/tree/master/helloworld

Regards

[Updated on: Tue, 26 February 2013 11:56]

Previous Topic:Starting with a Custom Configuration
Next Topic:Virgo IDE 1.0.1.RELEASE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:45:38 GMT 2024