Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Any example for Gemini JPA Eclipse RCP ?(I'm looking for an working example on using Gemini JPA in an Eclipse e4 RCP application)
Any example for Gemini JPA Eclipse RCP ? [message #1012995] Fri, 22 February 2013 15:26 Go to next message
Oliver Kolling is currently offline Oliver KollingFriend
Hello,

after struggling for some days and reading through nearly a million posts I wonder if there is any chance that someone actually made a working example using Gemini JPA in an Eclipse e4 RCP application. I would like to move and existing 3.x rcp/jpa (EclipseLink)application to e4. From what I read, it is recommended to create separate bundles for persistence, JDBC Provider(driver), JPA Provider and the client(rcp application).

For the JPA Service, the wiki says
Quote:

When a persistence bundle gets installed, the persistence units it defines will be discovered and processed by Gemini JPA. The first processing stage will occur before the bundle gets resolved, while the second one will occur after the bundle has been resolved. It is during the second processing step that Gemini JPA will normally register two services, the EntityManagerFactory service and the EntityManagerFactoryBuilder service, in the OSGi service registry for each persistence unit in the bundle.

I think my persistence unit defined is not discovered and processed by Gemini JPA.

So I hoped someone has an working example with different bundles to see what I missed.

Re: Any example for Gemini JPA Eclipse RCP ? [message #1013127 is a reply to message #1012995] Fri, 22 February 2013 20:56 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Oliver,

The only thing that I am aware of that is different when running in e4 is that refreshing needs to be disabled.
See the refreshing section in the doc, and this thread for the repercussions of disabling refreshing.

I would strongly recommend using Gemini DBAccess if you can, as well.

-Mike
Previous Topic:Gemini Web 2.2.1 RELEASE is now available
Next Topic:SpringBlueprintConverterService$BlueprintConverterException with generics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:09 GMT 2024