Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler
Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler [message #1012494] Thu, 21 February 2013 16:58 Go to next message
Hassan BAZOUN is currently offline Hassan BAZOUNFriend
Hello,

I found out that the "Simulation and debug support of business processes" is included within the scope of the BPMN2.0 modeler.

Is this feature implemented in the latest release of the Modeler? If not are you intending to imlement it? If yes do you have any resource on how i can simulate a business process using the modeler.

I found that there exists a tab "Simulation" the BPMN diagrams but i can't figure out how we can run the simulation after entering the input values. I searched for documentation on this subject but i found nothing.

This is very important since i need to figure out it exists or i am obliger to code it Smile.

Thanks in advance.
Hassan
Re: Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler [message #1012506 is a reply to message #1012494] Thu, 21 February 2013 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Hassan,

Currently the "Simulation" tab is only there for compatibility and to allow you to edit those properties for the jbpm5 runtime. Simulation of a process is not yet possible from the eclipse BPMN2 Modeler, but it IS available with the jBPM Web Designer so we wanted to provide support for this in the eclipse editor as early as possible.

Note that the jBPM Web Designer implements a subset of the newly emerging Business Process Simulation standard that is being defined by the bpswg. You may have a different concept of what "simulation" means, e.g. tracing a running business process which, IMHO, falls more into the BAM category.

Tracing and simulation are features that are in the project plan for the BPMN2 Modeler, unfortunately I haven't had much time to devote to this. If you DO decide to to look into coding this new functionality, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have Wink

Cheers!
Bob
Re: Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler [message #1012514 is a reply to message #1012506] Thu, 21 February 2013 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hassan BAZOUN is currently offline Hassan BAZOUNFriend
Thanks Bob for your quick reply.

i think you will recieve a lot of questions in the coming few months Razz

Cheers
Hassan
Re: Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler [message #1012545 is a reply to message #1012514] Thu, 21 February 2013 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Bring it on!!! Very Happy
Re: Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler [message #1261551 is a reply to message #1012506] Sun, 02 March 2014 19:08 Go to previous message
Juan Larrayoz is currently offline Juan LarrayozFriend
Hi Bob, I saw on the page BPMN2 modeler that reads:

"6. Simulation and debug support of business processes"

Hassan saw that made ​​you this question in September 2013, I wanted to ask if today's date has incorporated support for simulation, or not yet?

thank you very much

P / D: Sorry for my English
Previous Topic:Release 0.2.3 now available
Next Topic:bpmn2 diagram editor refresh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:56:27 GMT 2024