Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Attaching one column to the right border?
Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012060] Wed, 20 February 2013 20:12 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
Is it possible to attach a column to the right border, as shown on the pciture?
It should be like freezing the right most column, and the column should stay at the right border.

Another question:
I know how to freeze a column X, so that the columns RIGHT from the frozen column X stay scrollable,
but is is possible to make the columns LEFT from the frozen column scrollable?

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/schajtan/2013-02-20_21-11-58_zps787dbfd3.png
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012074 is a reply to message #1012060] Wed, 20 February 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

I don't understand what you are to achieve with the first one. What should happen to the gap between?

To the second question, no this is currently not supported by NatTable. But you can have a look on how the CompositeFreezeLayer is working and try to adapt it to fit your needs in the other direction. Could be interesting for a contribution. Wink

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012309 is a reply to message #1012074] Thu, 21 February 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thnx Dirk!

Dirk Fauth wrote on Wed, 20 February 2013 15:39
Hi,
I don't understand what you are to achieve with the first one. What should happen to the gap between?

Nothing should happen with the gap, it is just there, if there are not enogth columns to fill the whole viewport.

By attaching the column to the right border i would just visually separate it from other columns, e.g. to create an overview column!

If I manage it to implement the freezing on the right side - i will contribute!
Where do i have to check it in then?
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012316 is a reply to message #1012309] Thu, 21 February 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:
Nothing should happen with the gap, it is just there, if there are not enogth columns to fill the whole viewport.

Well that is definitely not supported in NatTable. Smile NatTable is a table not a composite that supports gaps. The only thing that would make sense for a table would be the definition of percentage sizing so you specify that other columns should grow on resize. Currently mixing of percentage sizing and fixed sizing is not supported, but the enhancement bug is open and assigned to myself.

Quote:
Where do i have to check it in then?

You should open a bug for this. Then create a patch containing your changes and attach them to the bug together with the needed statements for contribution as described here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Handling_Git_Contributions

We will check and (if everything is ok) commit this patch using your email id as author to NatTable, so you are listed as contributor automatically.

Looking forward to your contribution. Smile

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012321 is a reply to message #1012316] Thu, 21 February 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 05:33
Hi,

Quote:

Well that is definitely not supported in NatTable. Smile NatTable is a table not a composite that supports gaps. The only thing that would make sense for a table would be the definition of percentage sizing so you specify that other columns should grow on resize. Currently mixing of percentage sizing and fixed sizing is not supported, but the enhancement bug is open and assigned to myself.

I think the ability to make a column fill the all available empty space -would be enough.
it does not have to support gaps as gaps - the gap would be simulated by creating an empty column.
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012341 is a reply to message #1012321] Thu, 21 February 2013 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now this sounds like these two enhancement tickets:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=396895
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=396896
Re: Attaching one column to the right border? [message #1012756 is a reply to message #1012341] Fri, 22 February 2013 07:30 Go to previous message
Quote:
If I manage it to implement the freezing on the right side - i will contribute!

Some thoughts and possible hints on this:

1. The CompositeFreezeLayer is composed to have the non frozen region at the right bottom coordinate. To change the behaviour the way you like, this needs to be changed. A really nice contribution would be to make this configurable somehow. Also taking into account where the frozen columns and frozen rows should be composed.

2. The FreezeCommandHandler transforms the commands into IFreezeCoordinatesProvider, which are responsible to calculate the top left and the bottom right position for the FreezeLayer to use. They need to take the composition configuration into account.

Hope that helps,
Dirk
Previous Topic:NatTableBuilder download?
Next Topic:NatTable getColumnIndexByPosition returns -1 before
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:24:52 GMT 2024