Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Data Modeling using Eclipse Papyrus(Data Modeling using Eclipse Papyrus)
Data Modeling using Eclipse Papyrus [message #1011776] Wed, 20 February 2013 08:34
roshni rajagopal is currently offline roshni rajagopalFriend
Hi Folks,

Im evaluating Eclipse Papyrus as a UML Modeling tool and have been happy with it so far. It looks like a good replacement for say Rational Software Architect. Im able to export the class diagram to XMI, and import the same in a Data modeling tool - Erwin. I get the same list of classes and attributes and datatypes and relationships.

The only catch is how can I identify primary keys, alternate unique keys , foreign keys - all of which may be composite in the UML model. I created a "database "profile in Papyrus, and can chose from sterotypes so that my UML model looks great with notations like "PK", "AK" etc. However these dont get interpreted when i import to Erwin. The profile is just ignored.

What is the standard way to express keys and other database information in UML, so that the XMI can contain this information and all modeling tools can interpret this. Maybe this is more of a UML/XMI question than a papyrus specific one. Basically I want to know - what is the recommended way to do UML modeling for databases using Papyrus.

Do share your thoughts,

Regards,
Roshni

Previous Topic:how to create a popup menu in eclipse using commands and handlers
Next Topic:Support for code generation from SysML based domain specific modeling lanague
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:15:25 GMT 2024