Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » currently logged in user should be as HUDSON_USER
currently logged in user should be as HUDSON_USER [message #1011551] Tue, 19 February 2013 19:34 Go to next message
sidharth lala is currently offline sidharth lalaFriend
I have been trying to find out the resolution for the below issue, but no success.

Issue 1 :

Before upgrading to Active Directory, I was using Hudson's own user database.

Under E-mail notifications the environment variable = HUDSON_USER was available and was working fine. The currently logged in user and user who triggered the build was assigned the HUDSON_USER value. Which is used solve our purpose.

Now, after switching to Active Directory, HUDSON_USER is not available. If I go under 127.0.0.1:8080/hudson/systemInfo I can find USERNAME Env. Variable, but its OS specific.

I went through the below URL: But still no success. browse/HUDSON-4463

i am not able to add the screen shot here, i.e. but on the Console Output: Hudson is able to identify the username who has triggered the build remotely by login to the Hudson portal.

Issue 2 :

In order to use Matrix-based security with Active Directory plug-in, do I need to create different groups on the AD side and then add those group names under Security to make it work.

Currently i have added multiple domains and controller by separating them with a comma and it works fine.

For Example:

· ROLE_DEVELOPERS

· ROLE_TESTERS

· ROLE_HUDSON_ADMIN
Re: currently logged in user should be as HUDSON_USER [message #1014145 is a reply to message #1011551] Mon, 25 February 2013 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sidharth lala is currently offline sidharth lalaFriend
Hi All,

Please provide some Insight on the above ask.
So, that I can proceed further on it.
Thanks for the support any guidance on the above issue would be really appreciated.
Best Regards,
Sidharth
Re: currently logged in user should be as HUDSON_USER [message #1015184 is a reply to message #1014145] Wed, 27 February 2013 17:11 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Sidharth, please file a bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Hudson. I will look in to this

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Hudson 3.0.0 + Maven 3
Next Topic:Evaluation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:09:56 GMT 2024