Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working
Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1010776] Mon, 18 February 2013 08:11 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I've created a few templates based on grouped form fields.

When adding the required SQL queries in the process service, there is auto completion for the form field names when creating the SQL statements by pressing ctrl-space.

Let's take this example:
    SQL.selectInto("SELECT CRED1, CRED2, CRED3, CRED4 FROM PAYMENT_INFO INTO :creditCardBox.number1, :creditCardBox.number2, :creditCardBox.number3, :creditCardBox..number4", formData);

While entering the above statement, writing :cred and then pressing ctrl-space auto-completes to :creditCardBox but then typing on as far as :creditCardBox.num and pressing ctrl-space does not auto-complete or show the box to choose from number1, number2, number3 and number4.

However, the statement works and correctly fills in my template fields.

I can reproduce this behaviour with any template I create.

Is this a known limitation of templates? Or is there something I missed out doing when creating the template?
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1010870 is a reply to message #1010776] Mon, 18 February 2013 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Urs,

Yes, this is a known limitation of the auto completion.
But I think it would be nice to enhance the auto completion to support templates. If you like, feel free to create an enhancement bug for the SDK.

regards,
matthias
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1010937 is a reply to message #1010870] Mon, 18 February 2013 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias

Thanks for clarifying. I have opened Bug 401084.

Cheers
/urs
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1027865 is a reply to message #1010937] Wed, 27 March 2013 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Urs,

Thank you for opening the bug. I released a fix that will be available with scout sdk 3.9.0 M7.
It would be nice if you could verify if the bug is fixed (using the next milestone build or a nightly after 2013-03-27) and everything works as you would expect. If yes, please feel free to set the bug status to verified fixed.

regards,
m
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1028129 is a reply to message #1027865] Wed, 27 March 2013 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Matthias Villiger wrote on Wed, 27 March 2013 15:24
If yes, please feel free to set the bug status to verified fixed.

I think only committers can change statuses of bugs, just write something in the comments, and we will be happy to change the status according to your feedback.
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1028463 is a reply to message #1028129] Thu, 28 March 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll make sure to update my SDK once M7 is released (I'm sorry but I don't think I'll have time to update my SDK based on the nightly builds before then).
Re: Scout SDK: Auto completion on templated formData not working [message #1028469 is a reply to message #1028463] Thu, 28 March 2013 09:41 Go to previous message
Hi Urs,

This is absolutely sufficient. No hurry!

Thank you

regards,
m
Previous Topic:Message-Box in Scout
Next Topic:Is possible to create a dynamic PageView and Form ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:45:30 GMT 2024