Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Java IDE and WindowBuilder
Java IDE and WindowBuilder [message #1010358] Sun, 17 February 2013 06:21 Go to next message
Carlton Craighead is currently offline Carlton CraigheadFriend
I'm using the Java IDE setup (the only one that natively includes WindowBuilder), and after about 8 fresh attmepts, I'm having no luck at all getting WindowBuilder to parse a simple .java file and show the GUI designer.

Since WindowBuilder is included in this distribution, I'm assuming that I do not need to manually hunt down anything from other WindowBuilder sites (including Google), but just let the system self-update as necessary.

To see if I have proceeded correctly, I have prepared a short video (3 min) that shows project and application window creation, app execution, and the error.

I always start with fresh installation of Eclipse (tried both 32 and 64 bit) and a new workspace. I've also tried the -clean option -- no difference.

Perhaps I've missed something. Would appreciate any insight.

Since I cannot provide an extenal link as a new member, you will have to build it...

(triple-w dot) "bitworks2000.com" (slash) "temp" (slash) "eclipse-wb-issue-01.wmv"

Sorry in advance if you are on a system that cannot view this file.

Thanks.
Re: Java IDE and WindowBuilder [message #1010693 is a reply to message #1010358] Mon, 18 February 2013 03:22 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The Eclipse Java Developers distro only includes support for creating Swing UIs. It does not include the full WindowBuilder tool. If you want to create SWTor RCP apps, you should use the Eclipse RCP Developers distro which includes the SWT portion of WindowBuilder.

You can load the full version of WindowBuilder from either the Eclipse update site or the WindowBuilder project update site.
Previous Topic:Re-installation windows builder
Next Topic:WindowBuilder Can not render GUI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:53:55 GMT 2024