Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » Use of Libraries in different Projects
Use of Libraries in different Projects [message #1009536] Fri, 15 February 2013 09:38 Go to next message
Steffen Slavetinsky is currently offline Steffen SlavetinskyFriend
Hello,
i wonder if it is possible to use a Library which is defined in one Eclipse Project in an other Project.
Simply importing it doesn't seem to work.
Does anybody have a solution to this?
Thanks Steffen
Re: Use of Libraries in different Projects [message #1012796 is a reply to message #1009536] Fri, 22 February 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christopher Gerking is currently offline Christopher GerkingFriend
Hi

I think what you are trying to achieve is known as "cross-project build". Existing code for that feature has been commented out from class ProjectDependencyHelper in the course of the following bugzilla:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=307676

I have no clue about the exact reasons for removing the PDE dependency. Code comments state that cross-project builds were never fully supported. No idea what this exactly means. I must say that the code doesn't look so bad at first glance.

Since I consider this as a crucial feature towards dividing transformations into smaller reusable parts, my plan is to re-enable cross-project builds. However, I'm afraid this won't happen before May since I'm very busy right now.

What you could try at the moment is to deploy your library in a plugin that contributes an extension for
org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.runtime.qvtTransformation
. This might enable some advanced resolving capabilities when executing your transformation from a platform that runs your plugin. Compilation errors could then be successfully ignored at runtime. However, this is just a hope, never tried this before.

Regards
Christopher
Re: Use of Libraries in different Projects [message #1325656 is a reply to message #1012796] Thu, 01 May 2014 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christine Gerpheide is currently offline Christine GerpheideFriend

Is there any update on this? The bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=307676) is listed as resolved/fixed, but it doesn't seem to work and no patches are attached and the last comments there don't sound promising.

We would also *very* much like to have cross-project build support in QVTo, since we have far too many transformations to keep them all in the same project. Even a new dependency is much preferred to our current solution.

I've also added a comment on the bug itself.

Thank you to anyone who knows about this,
Chris
Re: Use of Libraries in different Projects [message #1326172 is a reply to message #1325656] Thu, 01 May 2014 16:00 Go to previous message
Christine Gerpheide is currently offline Christine GerpheideFriend

I've raised a more specific bug here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=433937
Previous Topic:Error with abstract mapping with lastest version of QVTo
Next Topic:How to use QVTo transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:52:13 GMT 2024