Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0
[CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009531] Fri, 15 February 2013 09:29 Go to next message
Marc Gil is currently offline Marc GilFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to install CDO plugins and I realized that the plugin "org.eclipse.net4j.db.postgresql" is never loaded by Eclipse. I tried with the 4.0.SR2, 4.0.SR3, 4.1.SR1 CDO versions, and doesn't work.

I realized that this plugin needs a packages named "org.postgresql" and "org.postgresql.ds" between 8.3.0 (inclusive) and 9.0.0 (exclusive) version.

I needed to create a plugin with the 8.3 or 8.4 versions of postgres and compile it.

Any help to use postgresql 9.0 plugin version?

Thanks,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009558 is a reply to message #1009531] Fri, 15 February 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Hi Marc,

I have some experience with running postgress.
I created a plugin containing the postgress JDBC driver.

Make sure the plugin version matches the net4j.progress version
requirement and export the packages. (I notice now the export has
version for some packages, I can't recall why this is, the driver is a
higher version).

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Postgresql
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.postgresql
Bundle-Version: 9.0.0.801
Bundle-ClassPath: postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
Bundle-Vendor: postgresql.org
Export-Package: org.postgresql;version="8.9.9",
org.postgresql.copy,
org.postgresql.core,
org.postgresql.core.types,
org.postgresql.core.v2,
org.postgresql.core.v3,
org.postgresql.ds;version="8.9.9",
org.postgresql.ds.common,
org.postgresql.ds.jdbc23,
org.postgresql.ds.jdbc4,
org.postgresql.fastpath,
org.postgresql.geometric,
org.postgresql.gss,
org.postgresql.jdbc2,
org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional,
org.postgresql.jdbc3,
org.postgresql.jdbc3g,
org.postgresql.jdbc4,
org.postgresql.largeobject,
org.postgresql.ssl,
org.postgresql.translation,
org.postgresql.util,
org.postgresql.xa
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5

Cheers Christophe

On 15-02-13 10:29, Marc Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install CDO plugins and I realized that the plugin
> "org.eclipse.net4j.db.postgresql" is never loaded by Eclipse. I tried
> with the 4.0.SR2, 4.0.SR3, 4.1.SR1 CDO versions, and doesn't work.
>
> I realized that this plugin needs a packages named "org.postgresql" and
> "org.postgresql.ds" between 8.3.0 (inclusive) and 9.0.0 (exclusive)
> version.
>
> I needed to create a plugin with the 8.3 or 8.4 versions of postgres and
> compile it.
>
> Any help to use postgresql 9.0 plugin version?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009571 is a reply to message #1009531] Fri, 15 February 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 15.02.2013 10:29, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install CDO plugins and I realized that the plugin "org.eclipse.net4j.db.postgresql" is never loaded by
> Eclipse. I tried with the 4.0.SR2, 4.0.SR3,
These are out of maintenance!

> 4.1.SR1 CDO versions, and doesn't work.
>
> I realized that this plugin needs a packages named "org.postgresql" and "org.postgresql.ds" between 8.3.0 (inclusive)
> and 9.0.0 (exclusive) version.
>
> I needed to create a plugin with the 8.3 or 8.4 versions of postgres and compile it.
>
> Any help to use postgresql 9.0 plugin version?
In fact CDO 4.1 declares a [8.3.0,9.0.0) constraint on the Postgres package imports. I don't think this is something we
can change in a maintenance stream. Is it an option for you to use CDO 4.2, where we broadened the range to [9.0.0,10.0.0)?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009573 is a reply to message #1009558] Fri, 15 February 2013 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 11:05, schrieb Christophe Bouhier:
> Hi Marc,
>
> I have some experience with running postgress.
> I created a plugin containing the postgress JDBC driver.
>
> Make sure the plugin version matches the net4j.progress version requirement and export the packages. (I notice now the
> export has version for some packages, I can't recall why this is, the driver is a higher version).
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
> Bundle-Name: Postgresql
> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.postgresql
> Bundle-Version: 9.0.0.801
> Bundle-ClassPath: postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
> Bundle-Vendor: postgresql.org
> Export-Package: org.postgresql;version="8.9.9",
I think it's a NO GO to pretend lower package versions than they actually are!

The problem really must be addressed in /org.eclipse.net4j.db.postgresql/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, which it is in CDO 4.2.

Cheers
/Eike

----

> org.postgresql.copy,
> org.postgresql.core,
> org.postgresql.core.types,
> org.postgresql.core.v2,
> org.postgresql.core.v3,
> org.postgresql.ds;version="8.9.9",
> org.postgresql.ds.common,
> org.postgresql.ds.jdbc23,
> org.postgresql.ds.jdbc4,
> org.postgresql.fastpath,
> org.postgresql.geometric,
> org.postgresql.gss,
> org.postgresql.jdbc2,
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional,
> org.postgresql.jdbc3,
> org.postgresql.jdbc3g,
> org.postgresql.jdbc4,
> org.postgresql.largeobject,
> org.postgresql.ssl,
> org.postgresql.translation,
> org.postgresql.util,
> org.postgresql.xa
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
>
> Cheers Christophe
>
>
> On 15-02-13 10:29, Marc Gil wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install CDO plugins and I realized that the plugin
>> "org.eclipse.net4j.db.postgresql" is never loaded by Eclipse. I tried
>> with the 4.0.SR2, 4.0.SR3, 4.1.SR1 CDO versions, and doesn't work.
>>
>> I realized that this plugin needs a packages named "org.postgresql" and
>> "org.postgresql.ds" between 8.3.0 (inclusive) and 9.0.0 (exclusive)
>> version.
>>
>> I needed to create a plugin with the 8.3 or 8.4 versions of postgres and
>> compile it.
>>
>> Any help to use postgresql 9.0 plugin version?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marc
>

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009597 is a reply to message #1009571] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike,

I don't know if I can use CDO 4.2, cause I'm developing under Eclipse 3.7.2... Could you confirm me if I can use it, please?

Anyway, as I told before, I just made a couple of jar to be able to use postgresql 8.3 and 8.4. And then I try to create a CDO server and all worked fine. But not always are working... First time I executed the CDO server (with the DB created) it works and fills the DB with some info. Then I stop the server, and if I try to start it again, I get the following exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.ObjectTypeTable.getMaxID(ObjectTypeTable.java:185)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.getMaxID(DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.java:85)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.java:88)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.HorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(HorizontalMappingStrategy.java:204)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.repairAfterCrash(DBStore.java:654)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.reStart(DBStore.java:638)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.doActivate(DBStore.java:548)

Any idea about what's happening??

Thanks,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009599 is a reply to message #1009597] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I forgot to ask if there exists any way to indicate in the cdo-server.xml that the DB should be created if not exists.

MySQL has an option that could be specified in the URL parameter to do that:
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/cdotest?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true"

Thanks,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009602 is a reply to message #1009597] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
On 15-02-13 12:10, Marc Gil wrote:
> Eike,
>
> I don't know if I can use CDO 4.2, cause I'm developing under Eclipse
> 3.7.2... Could you confirm me if I can use it, please?
>
> Anyway, as I told before, I just made a couple of jar to be able to use
> postgresql 8.3 and 8.4. And then I try to create a CDO server and all
> worked fine. But not always are working... First time I executed the CDO
> server (with the DB created) it works and fills the DB with some info.
> Then I stop the server, and if I try to start it again, I get the
> following exception:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is
> aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
> at

Yep, seen this one.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=365602

> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.ObjectTypeTable.getMaxID(ObjectTypeTable.java:185)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.getMaxID(DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.java:85)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.java:88)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.HorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(HorizontalMappingStrategy.java:204)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.repairAfterCrash(DBStore.java:654)
>
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.reStart(DBStore.java:638)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.doActivate(DBStore.java:548)
> ..
>
> Any idea about what's happening??
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009603 is a reply to message #1009597] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 12:10, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Eike,
>
> I don't know if I can use CDO 4.2, cause I'm developing under Eclipse 3.7.2... Could you confirm me if I can use it,
> please?
It *should* work. But we don't test it!

> Anyway, as I told before, I just made a couple of jar to be able to use postgresql 8.3 and 8.4. And then I try to
> create a CDO server and all worked fine. But not always are working... First time I executed the CDO server (with the
> DB created) it works and fills the DB with some info. Then I stop the server, and if I try to start it again, I get
> the following exception:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.ObjectTypeTable.getMaxID(ObjectTypeTable.java:185)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.getMaxID(DelegatingObjectTypeMapper.java:85)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(AbstractHorizontalMappingStrategy.java:88)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.mapping.horizontal.HorizontalMappingStrategy.repairAfterCrash(HorizontalMappingStrategy.java:204)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.repairAfterCrash(DBStore.java:654)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.reStart(DBStore.java:638)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStore.doActivate(DBStore.java:548)
> ..
>
> Any idea about what's happening??
There were a couple similar problems with Postgres in particular, e.g.,
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=364809 , which have all been fixed in CDO 4.2.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009605 is a reply to message #1009603] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But there is not any release for CDO 4.2... I should try for instance the last stable build, 4.2-M5 (S20130205-0640), isn't it? I'm going to try it. As I saw that it was plan to be used with Eclipse 3.8 and 4.3, I didn't try it in Eclipse 3.7...

Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009625 is a reply to message #1009603] Fri, 15 February 2013 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike,

Does the cdo-server.xml file contents change from 4.0 to 4.2 version? Cause I installed 4.2 under Eclipse 3.7.2 and all the plugins has been loaded correctly, but when launch the server an exception is thrown saying the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/cdo/server/IStore$CanHandleClientAssignedIDs
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:626)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:562)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:486)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:459)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStoreFactory.getMappingStrategy(DBStoreFactory.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStoreFactory.createStore(DBStoreFactory.java:51)

The class IStore.CanHandleClientAssignedIDs doesn't exists in the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server plugin

My cdo-server.xml file contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cdoServer>
	<acceptor type="tcp" listenAddr="0.0.0.0" port="2036" />
	<repository name="reqCDORepo">
		<property name="overrideUUID" value="" />
		<property name="supportingAudits" value="false" />
		<property name="supportingBranches" value="false" />
		<property name="supportingEcore" value="false" />
		<property name="serializeCommits" value="false" />
		<property name="ensureReferentialIntegrity" value="false" />
		<property name="allowInterruptRunningQueries" value="true" />
		<property name="idGenerationLocation" value="STORE" />

<store type="db">
			<property name="connectionKeepAlivePeriod" value="60" />
			<property name="readerPoolCapacity" value="15" />
			<property name="writerPoolCapacity" value="15" />
			<mappingStrategy type="horizontal">
				<property name="toManyReferences" value="ONE_TABLE_PER_REFERENCE" />
				<property name="toOneReferences" value="LIKE_ATTRIBUTES" />
			</mappingStrategy>
			<dbAdapter name="postgresql" />
			<dataSource class="org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource"
				url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/cdo_req" databaseName="cdo_req"
				user="***" password="***" />
		</store>
	</repository>
</cdoServer>

Don't know if I'm using the correct data source class, cause it exists PGConnectionPoolDS, PGPoolingDS and PGSimpleDS, and I don't know the main differences between them.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009635 is a reply to message #1009625] Fri, 15 February 2013 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 12:57, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Eike,
>
> Does the cdo-server.xml file contents change from 4.0 to 4.2 version?
Almost certainly.

> Cause I installed 4.2 under Eclipse 3.7.2 and all the plugins has been loaded correctly, but when launch the server an
> exception is thrown saying the following:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/cdo/server/IStore$CanHandleClientAssignedIDs
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:626)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:608)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:562)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:486)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:459)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStoreFactory.getMappingStrategy(DBStoreFactory.java:78)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.db.DBStoreFactory.createStore(DBStoreFactory.java:51)
>
> The class IStore.CanHandleClientAssignedIDs doesn't exists in the org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server plugin
What's the version of this bundle?

>
> My cdo-server.xml file contents:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <cdoServer>
> <acceptor type="tcp" listenAddr="0.0.0.0" port="2036" />
> <repository name="reqCDORepo">
> <property name="overrideUUID" value="" />
> <property name="supportingAudits" value="false" />
> <property name="supportingBranches" value="false" />
> <property name="supportingEcore" value="false" />
> <property name="serializeCommits" value="false" />
> <property name="ensureReferentialIntegrity" value="false" />
> <property name="allowInterruptRunningQueries" value="true" />
> <property name="idGenerationLocation" value="STORE" />
>
> <store type="db">
> <property name="connectionKeepAlivePeriod" value="60" />
> <property name="readerPoolCapacity" value="15" />
> <property name="writerPoolCapacity" value="15" />
> <mappingStrategy type="horizontal">
> <property name="toManyReferences" value="ONE_TABLE_PER_REFERENCE" />
> <property name="toOneReferences" value="LIKE_ATTRIBUTES" />
> </mappingStrategy>
> <dbAdapter name="postgresql" />
> <dataSource class="org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource"
> url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/cdo_req" databaseName="cdo_req"
> user="***" password="***" />
> </store>
> </repository>
> </cdoServer>
>
> Don't know if I'm using the correct data source class, cause it exists PGConnectionPoolDS, PGPoolingDS and PGSimpleDS,
> and I don't know the main differences between them.
Me neither ;-(

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009636 is a reply to message #1009605] Fri, 15 February 2013 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 12:26, schrieb Marc Gil:
> But there is not any release for CDO 4.2... I should try for instance the last stable build, 4.2-M5 (S20130205-0640),
> isn't it? I'm going to try it. As I saw that it was plan to be used with Eclipse 3.8 and 4.3, I didn't try it in
> Eclipse 3.7...
I'd recoomend to install from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/cdo/updates/integration , which is composed of I-
and S-builds.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009637 is a reply to message #1009599] Fri, 15 February 2013 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 12:13, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Sorry, I forgot to ask if there exists any way to indicate in the cdo-server.xml that the DB should be created if not
> exists.
>
> MySQL has an option that could be specified in the URL parameter to do that:
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/cdotest?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true"
There you go: It seems as if DB creation via JDBC URL is vendor-specific ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009654 is a reply to message #1009637] Fri, 15 February 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike,

It's impossible to install CDO 4.2 on Eclipse 3.7.2. I'm trying it for a couple of hours, and there are a dependency to EMF Compare minimum version 2.0.0, and it could not be installed under Eclipse 3.7.2 Sad So my problem come back to the start, where using postgresql and closing unproperty the server, throws this exception... I think no solution exists for CDO 4.0 for that problem. Maybe, the best (or the only) solution is to change the database and use, for instance, MySQL, isn't it?

Thanks Sad
Marc

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009678 is a reply to message #1009654] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 14:06, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Eike,
>
> It's impossible to install CDO 4.2 on Eclipse 3.7.2. I'm trying it for a couple of hours, and there are a dependency
> to EMF Compare minimum version 2.0.0, and it could not be installed under Eclipse 3.7.2 :(
Oh, I forgot about that one! The bundles that depend on EMF Compare are optional. Please submit a bugzilla, so that I
can see how to factor these dependencies out of org.eclipse.emf.cdo.ui.team and move the Compare stuff into a separate,
optional feature.

> So my problem come back to the start, where using postgresql and closing unproperty the server, throws this
> exception... I think no solution exists for CDO 4.0
CDO 4.0 is out of maintenance.

> for that problem.
No, not even in 4.1.

> Maybe, the best solution is to change the database and use, for instance, MySQL, isn't it?
Hard to judge for me whether that's an option for you ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009686 is a reply to message #1009678] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for your quick answers Eike...

Here is the bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400926
I indicated the component cdo.core, I hope it's the right component Smile
Please, can you tell me aproximatelly when will be built the new version of CDO 4.2 in order to try it with Eclipse 3.7.2 modeling distribution?

Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009716 is a reply to message #1009686] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 15.02.2013 15:25, schrieb Marc Gil:
> Thanks a lot for your quick answers Eike...
You're welcome.

>
> Here is the bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400926
> I indicated the component cdo.core, I hope it's the right component :)
I'll see...

> Please, can you tell me aproximatelly when will be built the new version of CDO 4.2 in order to try it with Eclipse
> 3.7.2 modeling distribution?
That's not possible. My in queue is just too long right now. And there's an easy workarounds for you. You can make your
own feature and exclude the offending bundles, a feature patch should also do. Or you install only the needed bundles
via p2 director or Buckminster. Or you upgrade Eclipse to 3.8.

I wonder if EMF Compare 2.1 can run on Eclipse 3.7?

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009739 is a reply to message #1009716] Fri, 15 February 2013 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Le 15/02/2013 16:22, Eike Stepper a écrit :
> Am 15.02.2013 15:25, schrieb Marc Gil:
>> Thanks a lot for your quick answers Eike...
> You're welcome.
>
>>
>> Here is the bugzilla:
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400926
>> I indicated the component cdo.core, I hope it's the right component :)
> I'll see...
>
>> Please, can you tell me aproximatelly when will be built the new
>> version of CDO 4.2 in order to try it with Eclipse 3.7.2 modeling
>> distribution?

Marc, it seems strange to me that EMF Compare 2.x can not be installed
on 3.7.2. Do you already have EMF Compare 1.x installed on your Eclipse?
If EMF Compare 1.x is installed as part of the bundle (which is the case
for the Eclipse Modeling Package I believe), then it can not be updated
to 2.x, and both versions (1.x and 2.x) can not be installed at the same
time.

If this is indeed the problem (conflict between Compare 1.x and 2.x),
you can still test CDO 4.2 on Eclipse 3.7.2 starting from a plain
Eclipse SDK.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1009839 is a reply to message #1009739] Fri, 15 February 2013 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

yes I'm using Eclipse 3.7.2 Modeling Package, and yes, EMF Compare 1.x is installes, and yes, when try to install 2.x it fails and Eclipse says that as 1.x is part of the bundle, 2.x cannot be installed... Sad

The "problem" es that we developed our software from the modeling package, and we only added some features not included in this package. Trying to install the main environment from a plain Eclipse SDK, should be the last option for us at this moment. I hope that Eike could separate the plugins that depends on EMF Compare and build again CDO 4.2. If not, we will take other ways to try to use it Smile

Thanks!
Marc
Re: [CDO] Support to Postgresql 9.0 [message #1011255 is a reply to message #1009839] Tue, 19 February 2013 07:27 Go to previous message
Well, after a whole day trying to include the last version of CDO (4.2) into Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2, I get it. But from an Eclipse Classic, adding ALL the modeling features one by one manually... That was a little insane, but finally I get it.

Now I'm going to try to develop a useful client Smile

Thanks a lot Eike for your help.
Marc
Previous Topic:[XCore] Create dynamic instance with XMI ids
Next Topic:[CDO] Setting Access Rights on nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:59:57 GMT 2024