Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application
How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application [message #1009019] Thu, 14 February 2013 09:57 Go to next message
Dumont Jonathan is currently offline Dumont JonathanFriend
Hi,

I have a report done with BIRT 3.7.2. This report was working correctly in our RCP application. But to ease the reuse of our styles and images, I wanted to make a Birt library, shared between reports.

My report seems to access correctly to the library in the Birt Designer, as in the preview tab, all is correctly displayed.

But when I try to use the report in my RCP application I have this error :
14 févr. 2013 10:54:23 org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule loadLibrarySilently
ATTENTION: Syntax error found, and see error details.
Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found! 
1.)  org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "reports/designLib.rptlibrary" is not found.)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrary(LayoutModule.java:379)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrarySilently(LayoutModule.java:469)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.IncludedLibrariesStructureListState$IncludedLibraryStructureState.end(IncludedLibrariesStructureListState.java:145)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.util.XMLParserHandler.endElement(XMLParserHandler.java:176)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

The rptdesign and the rptlibrary are in the same folder "reports" at the root of my plugin. But I don't know how I can do to make that my report find and use my library ...

Any idea ?

Re: How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application [message #1009217 is a reply to message #1009019] Thu, 14 February 2013 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Are you using the viewer? In my example RCP app, if the report and library are in the same folder it works for me. When I change them I set a parameter for the viewer plugin to use as the resource folder. I am doing this in code like:

//get library folder
Bundle mybundle = org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.getBundle("org.eclipse.birt.examples.rcpviewer");
URL liburl = FileLocator.find(mybundle, new Path("/rptlib"), null);
String libfolder = FileLocator.toFileURL(liburl).getPath();

HashMap myparms = new HashMap();
HashMap emitmap = new HashMap();

myparms.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", "frameset");
myparms.put("FORMAT_KEY", "html");
myparms.put("RESOURCE_FOLDER_KEY", libfolder);
myparms.put("ALLOW_PAGE", "false");
myparms.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE", "false");

myparms.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitmap);
WebViewer.display(rpt, browser, myparms);

Jason
BIRT-Exchange

Re: How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application [message #1009503 is a reply to message #1009217] Fri, 15 February 2013 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

We are using a Browser to display the report (org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser). This browser is filled with the content of a ByteArrayOutputStream, which is used as output stream of our IRunAndRenderTask.

But your example gave me an idea, I will try to set a custom resource locator to our EngineConfig instance, to find the resource in our bundle.

Jonathan

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application [message #1009511 is a reply to message #1009503] Fri, 15 February 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah ! It's working !

I don't know if it's the best solution but this is what i do :
private class CustomResourceLocator extends ResourceLocatorImplBase {

/** Get the bundle containing the reports resources, in different folders. */
  private Bundle reportsBundle = ReportsPlugin.getPlugin().getBundle();

/**
   * {@inheritDoc}
   * Customise the find function to ensure that the resource can be located in our context,
   * it means in our Eclipse RCP application.
   */
  @Override
  public URL findResource(ModuleHandle moduleHandle, String fileName, int type, Map appContext) {

// First, try to locate the resource in our context
    URL resourceURL = FileLocator.find(
      reportsBundle, 
      new Path(fileName), 
      null);

// If the resource is not found, try the standard search
    if (resourceURL == null) {
      resourceURL = super.findResource(moduleHandle, fileName, type, appContext);
    }

return resourceURL; 
  }
}

And this resource locator is set to our EngineConfig.

Re: How to include and use libraries (rptlibrary file) in an Eclipse RCP application [message #1011022 is a reply to message #1009511] Mon, 18 February 2013 17:27 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

This looks good.

Jason
Previous Topic:Is it possible to do Data Cube Scripting?
Next Topic:PPT export - MAC problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:38:39 GMT 2024