Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Generating Templates(Are there any tools available to generate JET2 templates given a reference implementation and a model?)
Generating Templates [message #1008815] Wed, 13 February 2013 22:40 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
So my job is basically taking a Java reference implementation, and a model that should be able to generate it, and abstracting it into JET2 templates.

Given I'm using JET2 to avoid repetitive work in writing code I'm curious if there are any tools for avoiding the repetitive work in writing templates.

From what I've seen there's certainly large areas of templates that look like they could be generated. Are there any tools currently available or in development to do this?
Re: Generating Templates [message #1011695 is a reply to message #1008815] Wed, 20 February 2013 04:18 Go to previous message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
So given there's been no responses to this post I'm going to assume there aren't tools available for partially or completely generating JET2 templates from a model and reference implementation.

Are there known reasons why templates can't be partially generated?

Surely such tools could be as useful to the implementation of model driven approaches as model driven approaches are to the generation of code (which I'm assuming most of the people on this particular forum consider extremely useful).
Previous Topic:Acceleo protected regions
Next Topic:parameter of the main template is a proxy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:03:07 GMT 2024