Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!)
icon5.gif  Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!) [message #1008740] Wed, 13 February 2013 18:53 Go to next message
Neal Kruis is currently offline Neal KruisFriend
I am trying to debug a C++ program using the Eclipse IDE with GDB. Setting breakpoints isn't a problem, except for some lines in the code!

I can set breakpoints on some lines in the program, but when I try to set a breakpoint on certain lines, I get the "Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed" error. I can step over to these lines, but I can't set a breakpoint.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've checked the GDB traces console and there is nothing there that indicates an error.

I'm using CDT version 8.1 and Juno on Mac OS X 10.8.2.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 22:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!) [message #1009159 is a reply to message #1008740] Thu, 14 February 2013 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Do you have any compiler code optimizations turned on? If so, the compiler might be re-ordering code. In this case, the original source code line can't be mapped to the correct point in the linked code.

Re: Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!) [message #1009172 is a reply to message #1009159] Thu, 14 February 2013 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't. My debug build settings are all set to -O0 (No optimization). These are the compiler options I am using:

-I/usr/local/boost_1_51_0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1 -I/Library/Frameworks -I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/backward -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0
Re: Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed (only for some lines!) [message #1013121 is a reply to message #1009172] Fri, 22 February 2013 20:42 Go to previous message
This is really causing me a headache, not being able to set breakpoints where I need them. Is there any more information I can provide to help understand the problem better?
Previous Topic:Set breakpoint in library
Next Topic:Function 'sleep' could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:47:45 GMT 2024