Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Re-installation windows builder(windows builder installation)
Re-installation windows builder [message #1008452] Tue, 12 February 2013 14:53 Go to next message
Rojs Rojs is currently offline Rojs RojsFriend
Hello guys,
I installed windows builder pro and GWT designer. But I was not able to use the designer view with all the panel options for creating the an UI. I searched in the forums and some guys suggested to re-install windows builder again because it seemed that there was a problem during the installation.

I used eclipse to uninstall windows builder pro and then try to install it again using eclipse. To my surprise I cannot install it again because eclipse says that it is already installed. I looked up the eclipse/plugin directory and erase the files regarding the windows builder and try to install it again. But eclipse keep saying that it is already installed.

In the list of software installed there is not trace of windows builder.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

I want to install it to create a UI. But I would also like to know why eclipse uninstall but then does not allow to reinstall. It looks strage to me.

Thanks

And
Re: Re-installation windows builder [message #1008518 is a reply to message #1008452] Tue, 12 February 2013 19:54 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You could try starting Eclipse with the -clean option to see if that helps. If it doesn't, your best bet is to install WindowBuilder into a new, clean Eclipse environment. Once you get Eclipse into a state where it can't uninstall/re-install something, you are very unlikely to be able to fix it by hand.
Previous Topic:Validating Bound Data
Next Topic:Java IDE and WindowBuilder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:30:59 GMT 2024