Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Using GroupByHeaderLayer(How to use Using GroupByHeaderLayer with NatTablebuilder)
Using GroupByHeaderLayer [message #1008189] Mon, 11 February 2013 11:18 Go to next message
Raptor X is currently offline Raptor XFriend
Hi All,

I went through the _200_Group_by example that shows how to use group by header functionality. Its using NatTable rather then the builder and configure all the layers by itself.

I want to use it with NatTablebuilder which configure itself automatically and hides the internal details. Can anybody tell me how I can use the same functionality (GroupByHeaderLayer) using the builder?

Lot of thanks in advance Smile

Asim
Re: Using GroupByHeaderLayer [message #1008204 is a reply to message #1008189] Mon, 11 February 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

well AFAIK the builder didn't get much love the last few months. Looking at the dependencies of the builder plugin, it doesn't support groupBy as it doesn't include the necessary packages.

Sorry that I can't tell you more on that. I never used the builder before and therefore don't even have a clue how it works.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Using GroupByHeaderLayer [message #1008353 is a reply to message #1008204] Tue, 12 February 2013 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Dirk.

Can you please refer me to some person who can help me out in this regard because its
a wonderful functionality and we need this in our application.

Regards
Asim
Re: Using GroupByHeaderLayer [message #1008357 is a reply to message #1008353] Tue, 12 February 2013 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

unfortunately I don't know who implemented the builder. With the move to Nebula we lost some repository information. Taking a quick look into the code it seems to be not that difficult to add the functionality, but of course would need some time to do so. As not all of our committers are watching the forum frequently I think you have the following options:

1. Write to the NatTable dev mailing list
  2. Open an enhancement bug in Bugzilla
  3. Implement it your own and contribute back

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Using GroupByHeaderLayer [message #1015605 is a reply to message #1008357] Fri, 01 March 2013 11:06 Go to previous message
Thanks Dirk for guidance. I am writing to dev mailing list.
Previous Topic:column header with multiple rows
Next Topic:Using GroupByHeaderLayer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:03:57 GMT 2024