Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamic Crosstab report(Dynamic crosstab report generation)
Dynamic Crosstab report [message #1008088] Fri, 08 February 2013 20:56 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I am a BIRT newbie and I am doing some research on my own requirements. Here is what I want to implement:

1. dynamic query columns such as column A, column B, column C, column D or Column A, Column D only. I like to use Java event handler to set query columns, which event should I use?

2. I like to use java event handler to change sql predicate, which event handler should I use?

3. I like to use java event handler to do dataset binding instead of using expression like "<expression name="expression">dataSetRow["PRODUCTCODE"]</expression>" in rpt design. Which event should I use? What about performance compared to hard coded in rptdesign.

4. <xml-property name="queryText"> seems to call IQuery.prepare(queryText) as I understand. If I want to use different object instead of org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.IQuery implementation, I can write a new handler for it so I can use this handler in rptdesign or event to accomplish the same task as IQuery.

I appreciate your help.

James

Jamas
Re: Dynamic Crosstab report [message #1008330 is a reply to message #1008088] Mon, 11 February 2013 23:04 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

James

1 - Why not just you a visibility expression for this?
You could also use a beforeFactory script and parameters to drop columns or add columns using the DE API:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1408-drop-columns-dynamically-using-de-api-in-script/

2 - beforeOpen as long as the same columns are being returned

3 - best place to do this is the beforeFactory. You could probably do it on the table as well, but the beforeFactory allows you to change virtually everything before executing it.

4 - Currently the ODA model only supports IQuery. You could use a scripted data source and write whatever you want though. You can also extend the jdbc driver, but it will still need to return an IQuery object.

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/notable3.7.php#jump_5

Jason
BIRT-Exchange
Previous Topic:Reg : Particular column should not repeat
Next Topic:Viewservlets.jar Not Being Created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:53:07 GMT 2024