Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text(Keyboard Layout)
Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1007925] Fri, 08 February 2013 08:43 Go to next message
Gabor Nagy is currently offline Gabor NagyFriend
Hi Everybody,

when I want to record the test steps with the movie camera on the tool bar and I click in a SWT Text widget then I got this message on the "Observed Actions" dialog window:

Info: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text

If I want to set up the test selecting the action from the "unbound_modules_concrete"
ub_cti_inputText then I got a failed test with the following error:

Unsupported Keyboard Layout in AUT-Configuration!

I set en_US keyboard layout in AUT config, and this is my system keyboard layout.
I use installed version of the Jubula 1.3.0
Eclipse version 3.7

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks Gabor
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1008363 is a reply to message #1007925] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

From my experience, I can only reiterate what I said in this comment about the keyboard layout. Can you maybe add a snapshot of your AUT configuration (expert configuration view) and the lower right hand corner of the AUT on the machine you are on (assuming you can see the keyboard layout there). Also, what is your setup - is everything running locally / on different machines?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1008447 is a reply to message #1008363] Tue, 12 February 2013 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your help.
Sorry for the missing info. I use everything locally. From Windows I removed all the keyboards except the en_US so this is the only keyboard I can use (just to reduce the possible problems).

I tried it with the RCP Mail example in Eclipse.
The test wants to change the content of the "Message" view with a new text.

When I exported the RCP Mail to an exe. I found that the replace text worked fine.

The problem happens when I want to test the RCP Mail in development mode. Here are the pictures of the settings:
index.php/fa/13390/0/
index.php/fa/13391/0/

And here is a short video how I started it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR7ZdR_H8uA&feature=youtu.be

In the video it is visible that the test found the Text widget in the "Message" view and selected the the whole text but the replace was not performed.

My goal was to test the RCP during development time before sending the new changes into the repository. Unfortunately I have no chance to export the project into product exe.

Gabor
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1008450 is a reply to message #1008447] Tue, 12 February 2013 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aha,

The tip with that you're using launch configurations was the missing puzzle piece. In the docu for working with launch configurations, it says:

Quote:

3.34.6.1 Keyboard Layout

The Keyboard Layout for the AUT can be defined in the Start AUT Configurations dialog. The entered value must represent a locale and must represent a defined keyboard layout.

I think there's another tab called "Test" that you need to find - I've never done it this way myself, but if you read the rest of the docs on it, I think that will help show the way.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1008683 is a reply to message #1008450] Wed, 13 February 2013 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex, I just do not find the "Test" tab. Is it possible that you could link a picture about it?
I read through the 3.34 help but I was not able to fix the replace text test. I checked out the Jubula project from eclipse git repo but it contains so many
compile errors. I hope I will be able to run it and see a bit more about this kind problem.
Thanks
Gabor
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1008955 is a reply to message #1008683] Thu, 14 February 2013 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gabor, it looks like you've not completed all the prerequisites for using the launch configurations feature. The full documentation is here including prerequisites such as having the feature installed. If you already have the feature installed, then it looks like you've not done the part described in customizing the perspective. That is absolutely necessary to be able to find and use the launch dialog that Jubula needs. (As an aside - we did try to get the perspective pre-customized so that people wouldn't run into this, but didn't find a way...).

In short, I think the steps should all be in that chapter and you should see which ones you missed Smile
HTH,
Alex
Re: Multi-line text is not supported for Replace Text [message #1009149 is a reply to message #1008955] Thu, 14 February 2013 14:55 Go to previous message
Hi Alex, Thank you very much. You were right, I missed the import part of it. Now it works just perfect Smile
Thanks again,
Gabor
Previous Topic:Example tests failure, and general questions about single sourcing
Next Topic:Detecting Nebula Grig Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:46:24 GMT 2024