Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Stash Apply
Stash Apply [message #1007914] Fri, 08 February 2013 07:57 Go to next message
Jan Hoskens is currently offline Jan HoskensFriend
Hi,

I just noticed that applying the stash in EGit reacts differently than the command line. Say I have an incoming file A which conflicts with my unstaged file A. I stash my file A, rebase and re-apply the stash. I now got file A in staged form which has an undo of the incoming changes and a file A in unstaged form which applies my stash changes. The command line however correctly has a conflict with both changes.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

The more I work with EGit the more I get the feeling that this plugin is not really production ready. Are there really people working with this plugin on a reasonable sized project? Or is there another eclipse plugin that is more mature than this?

Kind Regards,
Jan
Re: Stash Apply [message #1007934 is a reply to message #1007914] Fri, 08 February 2013 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
This was fixed recently [1], try a recent nightly build which you may install from [2].
The fix will be contained in the upcoming 2.3 release which will be shipped on Feb 22.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/9877/
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly
Re: Stash Apply [message #1007946 is a reply to message #1007934] Fri, 08 February 2013 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hoskens is currently offline Jan HoskensFriend
Thanks for the quick reply!

Just installed the nightly and it looks OK now.

Was just wondering if the rename conflict problem is targeted for 2.3 as well. Or is it still pending?
Re: Stash Apply [message #1014917 is a reply to message #1007914] Tue, 26 February 2013 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abby Bader is currently offline Abby BaderFriend
Here's a stash-related observation:

Stash-pull-apply is a common and important workflow for git users.

I only discovered recently that eGit allows you to view stashes in the commit viewer, after months of using the plugin. This is a great feature, but it's completely hidden from users.

As in - you have to know to double-click the stash to view it, and viewing it is not an option when you right-click a stash. I'd suggest including "view stash in commit viewer" as an option in the right-click menu.
Re: Stash Apply [message #1016066 is a reply to message #1007914] Mon, 04 March 2013 19:20 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Jan Hoskens skrev 2013-02-08 08.57:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that applying the stash in EGit reacts differently than the command line. Say I have an incoming file A which conflicts with my unstaged file A. I stash my
> file A, rebase and re-apply the stash. I now got file A in staged form which has an undo of the incoming changes and a file A in unstaged form which applies my stash
> changes. The command line however correctly has a conflict with both changes.
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Bug. Hopefully I fixed that in 2.3.1

-- robin
Previous Topic:How to list files affected in a commit ?[SOLVED]
Next Topic:NPE when using MergeCommand and StrategySimpleTwoWayInCore with conflicting commits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:53:54 GMT 2024