Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite?(Switch between two aut in middle of test suite execution)
Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1007902] Fri, 08 February 2013 04:45 Go to next message
Rajesh Dash is currently offline Rajesh DashFriend
I am using jubula to test multiple instance of same application one for transmitter and one for receiver.In transmitter side i am entering some data in text field and than clicking transmit and receiver side i have to check whether it is proper or not.So i want to know that when i am reading data from excel sheet for transmitter it is reading all the data at a time can i took one data from execelsheet for transmitter than switch to receiver (in different aut) and check it and again switch back to transmitter aut and take another data from excel sheet and so on..Is it possible or not.Is there something available which will switch between two aut in the middle of the test suite execution.
Re: Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1008147 is a reply to message #1007902] Mon, 11 February 2013 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any who can help me out in this problem
Re: Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1008366 is a reply to message #1008147] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Rajesh, have a look at this blog.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1008563 is a reply to message #1008366] Wed, 13 February 2013 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have already gone through this blog and i can switch between two aut but but after the test suite ends than when another test suite start i can switch as i am specifying alt shift tab to find the correct aut .But My problem is i am reading data from excel sheet which forms a loop in jubula and it reads all the specified data for that text field but i want to read one data at a time than i want it to switch to 2nd aut so that i can check whether the data are same or not.But it is reading all data from excel sheet at a time than it is switching once the test suites ends. But i want it to switch in the middle.Is it possible.Sorry if i am asking a stupid question .Thanks to your blog i coluld start 2 aut in same pc Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 03:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1009666 is a reply to message #1008366] Fri, 15 February 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi alex;
Are you getting my point .what problem i am facing
Re: Can i switch to different aut in the middle of test suite? [message #1012768 is a reply to message #1009666] Fri, 22 February 2013 07:50 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Rajesh,

For the current question a hint: if you have multiple data sets, they will *all* be executed in a loop before moving to the next test case (or in this case, test suite). That means if you want them to run one line at a time, you'll have to specify them like that.

In general - it sounds like you have a great deal of questions about the general usage of Jubula and about things specific to your AUT / use cases. From your previous post, it also appears that you'd like to get your questions answered quicker than we can manage in the forum. I'd recommend thinking about getting a support package from BREDEX. The email for more information is sales at bredex dot de.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How to validate the test result with db/device data?
Next Topic:How can i extend jubula to detect pshelf widget given by nebula?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:12:44 GMT 2024