Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Can not find GroupLayout???
Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1007591] Wed, 06 February 2013 15:57 Go to next message
Tek Wojenski is currently offline Tek WojenskiFriend
I can not find GroupLayout in the Layouts (SWT) in the palette. I have indigo 3.7 with the corresponding Windows Builder complete installation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1007607 is a reply to message #1007591] Wed, 06 February 2013 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
When WindowBuilder became an Eclipse.org project in 2010, the SWT version of GroupLayout was removed due to IP issues. The supporting code was moved to an Eclipse Labs project...

http://svn.codespot.com/a/eclipselabs.org/windowbuilder-extras/trunk/

Note that there are two WB builds out there... the one at Eclipse.org that does not include SWT GroupLayout and a second build maintained by Google that does...

https://developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/download-wbpro-beta

Personally, I think GroupLayout is pretty nasty so I don't recommend it in any case (pretty much write-only and very fragile). SWT GridLayout is far superior for SWT/RCP work and can do pretty much anything you could ever want.
Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1016078 is a reply to message #1007607] Mon, 04 March 2013 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Eric

BTW, do you still support customizers? When I right click on a Java component, I do not see the 'Customize' option. I believe it was there in your old releases?

Thank You.
Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1016234 is a reply to message #1016078] Tue, 05 March 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. If the component has a customizer, that option should be available.
Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1016280 is a reply to message #1016234] Tue, 05 March 2013 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, now I see that they are available. I was missing a special instantiations class. I also filed 2 problems in the bug tracker: They have to do with WB and classloader not going through every attached jar in the project to find required classes. The second one is with a property editor now opening and throwing a null pointer exception.

Thanks for you help

[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2013 20:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1016305 is a reply to message #1016280] Tue, 05 March 2013 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the bug reports, but it is very important that you provide complete, self-contained examples with each report. We need to be able to reproduce the problems in order to help you.
Re: Can not find GroupLayout??? [message #1016419 is a reply to message #1016305] Wed, 06 March 2013 12:02 Go to previous message
Sure thing. I will upload the plugins, projects, etc with the instructions, they tend to be a bit big ~60Megs, so i may give you a link to download from.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Component Edit box not showing on top of Components
Next Topic:Cannot create SWT browser after eclipse exit and restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:47:21 GMT 2024