Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Running a wab on virgo nano + gemini web
icon5.gif  Running a wab on virgo nano + gemini web [message #1007430] Tue, 05 February 2013 20:12 Go to next message
Tobias Hammerschmidt is currently offline Tobias HammerschmidtFriend
I'm struggling to get a simple wab (just an index.html and Web-ContextPath defined in manifest) running on eclipse virgo nano. I've installed the nano.product from the virgo 3.6.0.RELEASE update site using p2 director. I've also installed gemini web 2.2.0 into the nano installation using p2. When starting virgo the admin console can be reached on localhost. If I put my wab into the pickup folder it gets deployed and I can see in the equinox console that a servlet is registered for the context path I've defined in the manifest. But when I try to open the url I always get a 404. Am I missing something here? Also is there a simple way to list all registered context paths?
Re: Running a wab on virgo nano + gemini web [message #1007441 is a reply to message #1007430] Tue, 05 February 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

The web console on Virgo Nano works because of the Equinox HTTP Service. This also means that if you put Gemini Web on top it will clash because by default Gemini Web listens on 8080.
You have two solutions:
1. To install nano-base.product from the update site. It doesn't have the http service inside, otherwise is the same as nano.product. Then to put GW on top and so on.
2. To get the Virgo Nano Web distro and run the WAB there. This for sure will work but the distro will have much more functionality than you probably need.

Best Regards
Bobby
Re: Running a wab on virgo nano + gemini web [message #1007481 is a reply to message #1007441] Wed, 06 February 2013 05:34 Go to previous message
Tobias Hammerschmidt is currently offline Tobias HammerschmidtFriend
Hi Borislav,

thanks for your reply. I wasn't aware of the port clash between osgi HTTP Service and Gemini Web. I choose solution #3: after changing the value of org.osgi.service.http.port in the virgo config.ini its now running like a charm Smile

Best regards,
Tobias

[Updated on: Wed, 06 February 2013 05:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:lib/endorsed not honoured by Eclipse Bundle Dependencies classpath container
Next Topic:The "Require-Bundle" trick don't work with c3p0 pool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:30:46 GMT 2024