Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Enabling disabling a toolbar button(Buttons)
Enabling disabling a toolbar button [message #1006323] Wed, 30 January 2013 20:29 Go to next message
Irfan Ahmed is currently offline Irfan AhmedFriend
Hi All,
I have a requirement where the Form is like a Master detail block.

For every record in the Master there can exist only 1 record in the detail.
There are two frames which contain toolbars one for the Master block and the other for the Detail block.

I am trying to disable the add button on the Detail block frame if there is detail record existing for a given Master record. Can someone tell me how this is possible ?
I have checked the code and there is a Enable/Disable method in one of the Super Classes for the buttons. Is there a way of doing this without making any change to the Super classes. I know overriding is one way of doing but can someone please advise me ?
Thanks
fm
Re: Enabling disabling a toolbar button [message #1007117 is a reply to message #1006323] Mon, 04 February 2013 14:17 Go to previous message
Irfan Ahmed is currently offline Irfan AhmedFriend
Hello,
I have figures out the code that enables and disables the button but I am not sure where to call or place this piece of code. WE are using a MVC type acrchitecture meaning we have three files , 1 each for Model, View and Controller . Can some please advise me ?

Thanks
Fm
Previous Topic:suppress null analysis for anonymous classes (using guava)
Next Topic:Monitoring changes to JDT project-specific settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:39:07 GMT 2024